Sacrafice

Cole forces me out into the hallway, which was still dark from earlier. I try to fight him off, but he's much stronger than what I remember.

He draws a knife from his pocket and pushes it tightly against my neck.

Great.

This is not how I wanted to die.

"Well what are you waiting for?" Go stop him!" Cole hollers at his men.

The men take off down the hallway, and within a matter of seconds, we could hear them yelping and screaming. They were being fought off.

Steve. He's here, come to save me!

The hallway falls silent as the massive figure dressed in the Stars and Stripes rounds the corner of the hallway.

He comes to a complete stop when he sees me.

"Steve!" I choke out, but cole pushes the blade harder against my neck.

"Move and she dies!" Cole says quickly.

Steve slings his shield onto his back. He puts his hands up, signaling Cole to take it easy.

I watch Steve as he slowly inches forwards. Cole kept the blade close to my neck. It's cool metal sent shivers down my spine.

"Cole, please don't do this." I manage to speak.

"Shut up, Alice." He commands.

Steve inches closer and closer. Every time he does, I feel closer and closer to my death.

"Please, let her go." Steve tries.

Cole forces the blade close enough to my neck, that it cuts me. A small trickle of blood falls down the blade. Steve trembles at the sight of my blood.

"Please! Please! Shes not worth killing." Steve tries to coax Cole.

"Oh believe me, captain. She's worth killing. I don't think you realize how much her death means to me." Cole snarls.

"Please. Don't kill her." Steve tries again.

"Not a chance." Cole replies.

This is when I get an idea. I really terrible idea. And somehow, this is the only way that I think we will come out on top.

"I'm sorry, Steve." I mutter, before I grab the knife and plunge it into my lower left side.

"Alice, NO!" Steve cries out.

Cole takes off, running straight for Steve. They clash in the middle, throwing punches and scratching faces.

I fight off the pain of trying to kill myself. The handle of the knife was firmly lodged in my side.

I refrain from pulling it out, and focus more I trying to stop the bleeding.

In a matter of seconds, Cole had vanished, running off into another part of the building.

"Alice!" Steve cries, running my direction, and kneeling at my side.

He lifts me up onto his lap, supporting me in his arms.

"Why would you do something so stupid!" He cries at me.

A small tear dripped down the side of my face. I knew he would be mad at me. What am I supposed to tell him?

"Cole wouldn't let me go, unless I was hurt. This seemed the easiest at the moment. He would've killed me." I grunt in pain.

"Shh." He soothes me, "I've got to get this knife out of you." He warns me.

He kisses my forehead, as he grips the handle of the blade. He grips my hand with his one free hand.

I scream as he pulls the blade out. I will be honest, I've had bullets pulled out of me, but never a knife. Every time I had been stabbed in the past, I couldn't remember the pain.

This is unforgettable.

Steve holds his hand over the wound for a few seconds.

He scoops me up into his arms, my arms wrapped around his neck.

"Just get me out of here." I plead.

"I will, don't you worry." He reassures me.