Staircases Are Romantic

Later that day, Steve and I had decided to go back to our apartment. That was certainly interesting. Tony had one of his drivers drive us home. Now, the interesting part occurred when we got back to our apartment.

There's no elevator. Just stairs.

My arm was around Steve's neck. Since I couldn't put weight on my left side, Steve helped me walk. I stare at the stairs, shaking my head.

"Can you make it up the stairs?" Steve asks. I begin to limp forward. I grasp the railing and begin to step up, but that didn't last long. I stepped on my shoe laces. I tripped and caught myself. Not only that, but the intense pain in my leg was unbearable. I winced in pain as Steve helped me back up.

"I was afraid of that." Steve frowned slightly. Then, he sweeps me off my feet, bridal style.

"God! Steve!" I chuckle.

"What? Not only can I help you up the stairs, but I can also practice for our wedding day. Killing two bids with one stone." He smiles.

"Sweetie, I don't think you'll be able to pick me up in the dress I picked out." I grin.

"Something tells me that you got a big poofy dress. Steve picks up the hints that I didn't intend for him to get.

"Maybe, maybe not." I chuckle.

"Your a terrible liar." He adds.

"I know." I admit.

We reach our apartment and Steve sets me down lightly. He digs through his pocket and grabs his keys.

"That was fun. Kinda sad that it's over. It's not every day you carry me." I smile before I kiss his cheek.

"Well I can fix that." Steve gets that mischievous tone in his voice.

He opens the door and then sweeps me off my feet again. I laugh loudly as he carries me through the door. Steve kicks the door closed with his foot. He carried me over to the couch and set me down gently.

"I guess getting shot in the leg does have its perks." I joke.

"It sure does." Steve smiles. "So, I'm expecting you to the same for me if I get shot in the leg and can't walk." Steve jokes as well.

"I'll do my best." I smile as I pull my lips to his. He pressed his hands on my cheeks before he runs his fingers through my hair.

"I love you." I mumble.

"I love you too."

I smile. It feels amazing to know that he loves me back. It feels great to be loved.

"What do you say? How about we order a pizza and watch a movie?" He suggest.

"Is that a date, Captain?" I ask.

"It sure is."