Date Night

I had one slice of pizza. Steve ate the rest. Typical. But he does have a large appetite.

"Now, for a good movie." I smile.

Steve hands me the remote. I scan through Netflix, looking for something good to watch. A good romance would make this night perfect. The only problem is, which one do we watch?

I scroll through until I pick one movie. I hope Steve will like this one. I love this movie.

The Fault In Our Stars

I press play and cuddle up next to Steve. He rolls his eyes when he figures out that I picked a romantic movie.

"This is an amazing movie. Just watch it." I reply.

Steve was a little confused about some of the events that happened during the movie. I had to explain some of it, but eventually he understood.

I began to get emotional when they kissed in the Anne Frank house. Especially considering what happens by the end of the movie.

Steve hands me a tissue and kisses my temple. "You're crying?" He looks surprised.

"You'll understand by the end of the movie." I explain, dabbing my eyes with my tissue.

And then it gets to the scene where they go back to Gus's room. And you all know what happens.

"Ugh! Fondue!" Steve exclaims.

I look at him with the most confused expression in my face. What the heck is that supposed to mean?!

"Uhh, what?" I asked.

"They fondued!" Steve exclaims.

"I'm not even going to ask." I trail off, not even sure if I want to know what he's talking about.

By the end of the movie, I'm silently crying to myself. Steve gave up on passing me tissues. He just handed me the box. I rest my head on his shoulder, letting my tears fall on to his shirt.

"How are you not crying?" I ask.

"I guess these kind of things don't make me emotional." He admits.

"Oh come on! Everyone cries during this movie!" I exclaim.

"No everyone." Steve smirked as the credits rolled through.

I snuggled up on his shoulder. His arm wrapped around me, this night was perfect. Despite being shot in the hip, this night was great.

Before I know it, I'm drifting off to sleep.

-Steve POV-

She's adorable when she's sleeping. I don't know why, but I find it cute. I would hate to disturb her, but we both need to go to bed.

I slowly slip out from under her and stand from the couch. I lift her into my arms and carry her into our room. Just as I was about to lay her down, she nuzzles the side of her face into my neck. Then, I don't want to put her down. She's comfortable, so why should I move her? Despite not wanting to put her down, I lay her down on her side of the bed. She fidgets for a moment but then gets comfy. I pull the covers over her body and kiss her forehead. I change into my jogging shorts and take off my shirt. I crawl into bed and wrap my arm around her.

"Goodnight, Alice."