Apology Accepted

-Alice POV-

My head is pounding. It feels like it was ran over by a monster truck or something.

Wait, am I dead? I remember seeing the light, but I can't figure out whether this is reality or not. The faint beeping of machines remind me of all that I can remember before I died. So, I must be alive. If I'm alive, does that mean that Steve gave in to Cole? Is he an enemy now? Does he even know that I am alive?

I softly move in my bed. But a faint voice comes into my ear. It sounds like Steve. Is he talking to me? It's hard to understand what he's saying, but it's slowly coming back to me.

"I'm sorry Alice. I-I just want you to know that. I'm sorry about everything. I've made your life chaotic, and I'm sorry for that. And if you don't forgive me for this, I'll leave you alone. I won't ever bother you again." I can hear his voice cracking as he speaks. "But I hope you will forgive me, Alice. You are my everything. You are the reason my world keeps spinning. Alice, I love you."

"And I love you too." A smile slips across my face. I open my eyes and find Steve, sitting in a chair. My hand was in his.

"Alice!" Steve wraps me into a hug, and squeezes me tightly. I think he forgot that I was in the hospital.

"Ow. Steve. Can't breathe." I mutter.

"Oh, sorry." His cheeks blush as he lets me go. I reach up and swipe a tear away from his eye. He grasped my hand and pressed it close to his face.

"Do you forgive me?" He asks. His big blue eyes were melting my soul.

"Of course."

Instead of giving me another bear hug, Steve kisses me passionately. His lips were soft, and it felt good to kiss him again.

A sudden thought crossed my mind as I push Steve away from me.

"Where's Cole? What happened to him? Is he still alive?" I ask. My memory isn't very clear about what I remember. It's hard to remember anything past the time I collapsed on the ground.

"No, Alice. I'm sorry. You're brother's dead."

The sadness that I should've felt never came through. My brother was dead, but I'm not upset about it. After all, he did try to kill me. Three times.

"And you're sure that he won't come back to life this time?" I ask.

"He took a bullet to the brain, Alice. I guarantee he's not alive."