18 | Carbonite?

Chapter Eighteen

Apparently, while Liam and I were on our way to tell the gang what I saw about Scott and Kira, they had already found out.

Currently, we were standing in the kitchen of Scott's house, waiting for Stiles and Malia to come downstairs.

"Ah- guys go home." Stiles groaned, as he turned the corner with Malia, to find Liam and I both standing together. "You're not coming with us."

"Why not?" my voice rose, as Stiles brushed past us.

"Because it's a full moon, and I don't feel like driving all the way to Mexico, just to have your boyfriend rip my throat out." Stiles motioned to Liam, who's head fell for a second.

"He's not my boyfriend." I retorted, before folding my arms. "And besides, just because you don't want Liam going, doesn't mean I have to stay here. I find your lack of faith disturbing." I chuckled at my sly star-wars quote, earning a small smile from Stiles before his face fell again.

"No- Scott would literally kill me if anything happened to you," Stiles narrowed his eyes, causing my eyebrows to furrow.

"Nice to know how much you care..." I rolled my eyes,

"Look- you know what I meant, okay? Neither one of you are coming with us. End of discussion." Stiles affirmed, before Liam and I shared a look.

"You can lock me up, right? Chain me down to the back seat or something?" Liam offered, at the same time that I spoke up again, "I can come if I want to, and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

"Liam, you tore through the last chains, remember? And Liz- I would actually love your company..." Malia announced, folding her arms.

"Wha- we would literally have to freeze Liam in carbonite to get him down there." Stiles argued, causing me to snort, and Liam's face to grow confused.

"Okay...well where do we get carbonite?" Liam questioned, as my face fell.

"Seriously? You haven't seen it either?" I turned to him, where he shrugged.

"Shocking...truly.." Stiles muttered, as he and Malia turned to leave.

"Wait!" Liam and I called out, making them stop.

"What if you put me in the trunk?" Liam suggested,

"You'd get out of that too." Malia informed.

"Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes." Stiles pointed out, causing me to shoot him a look. "You don't have to do this.."

"I know, but I want to. There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk- or something. There has to be." Liam exclaimed, before my eyebrows furrowed.

Braeden...

"I think there is." I smirked, exchanging looks with everyone.

As we pulled up at the abandoned warehouse that we were meeting Braeden at, we heard the engine of her van roar, before everyone exited their vehicles.

"How'd you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked, as Derek's car pulled up.

"I'm a U.S. Marshal." Braeden addressed,

"Yeah, I just thought that was just a cover..." Stiles admits, when a car-door sounds.

"Are we really bringing them?" Derek pointed to Liam and me,

"Are we really bringing him?" I shot back, motioning to Peter, as I looked at Stiles.

"We're bringing everyone that we can, and considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going." Peter announced, causing me to roll my eyes.

"What's that mean?" Malia questioned.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him." Peter addressed.

"What, she wants to make him younger?" Liam curiously asked as I stood with my arms folded,

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf." Derek added.

"A werewolf can't steal a true Alpha's power, but maybe a Nagual jaguar, with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her...maybe she can." Peter acknowledged. "So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going."

"We can't. Not without Lydia." Stiles paused, before he stepped to the side, pulling his phone out of his pocket and dialing Lydia.

"Where the hell is she?" Peter sassed.

"At the school." I growled.

"What's she doing at the school?" Derek piped up, as Stiles remained pacing back and forth waiting for Lydia to pick up.

"We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent." Malia held up Kira's sword, "Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker."

"Nothing." Stiles sighed, walking back over to us.

"If she has a car, she can catch up to us." Braeden affirmed.

"That's a good point." Peter extended his arm, pointing to Braeden. We'll call her from the road.

"No- What if something happened? What if she's in trouble?" Stiles worriedly complains,

"Fine. You stay, you find her. We're gonna go on without you." Peter claims.

"We're not going without Stiles," I narrow my eyes at Peter.

"I could call Mason." Liam offers, gaining everyone's attention. "He has a study group at school. Maybe he could look for her."

Derek shrugs at Stiles, who hesitantly agrees. "All right. Fine."

We all begin to split up, heading to our designated vehicles. I'll be in the back with Stiles, Derek, and Liam.

"Remember what we're dealing with here." Peter starts, causing us all to turn around and face him. "It's not just Kate, it's Berserkers."

"You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume that there's any humanity left." Peter's eyes land on Liam, "Oh. This little one is terrified of them, aren't you?"

My hand slowly makes it's way to Liam's. Our fingers graze before intertwining.

"Don't worry, my friend. It is that fear that will keep you alive." Peter smirked, before my eyebrows furrowed.

"Actually, fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." I corrected him, earning a small smile from Stiles as everyone fell silent.

"Seriously? None of you have seen it?" I scoff, narrowing my eyes as I turn to get in the van.

"A reminder to everyone, you do not fight Berserkers to survive, you fight to kill." Peter added before we left.

Hi. I'm a horrible author. I haven't updated this book in a year, so there's that...

This chapter is only like 900 words, (probably 2 pages lol) because the last chapter is next, so it'll be longer than usual.

Until the last chapter, goodbye :)