08 | Psychotic Teenagers

Chapter Eight

Once the police arrived at the school, I had to get my abdomen stitched and bandaged. After I was taken care of, I tried to stay hidden. If word got out that I was wrapped up in what happened tonight, they could call my Aunt down here. And the last thing I want is for Aunt Carol to be notified that I was involved in a bundle of mass teenage murders.

I couldn't stop thinking about Violet, though. I mean, she said I was worth a lot, and she probably wouldn't have risked going after me unless that was true.

I looked around, and noticed Coach yelling at all of the lacrosse team. I may be part of the team, but I certainly don't want to hear one of his horrid lectures.

I heard footsteps from behind, and immediately swung out my arms like a ninja.

"Woah! Woah, sorry. I- uh didn't mean to scare you.." Liam stammered, looking at my hands in fear.

"Oh my god- I'm sorry." I apologized, immediately pulling my arms down to my side. "Yeah, I don't even know kung-fu, or karate, or whatever the hell I was trying to do..there."

"It's fine." he chuckled, "Hey, are you okay? I heard what happened."

"Oh- uh yeah. I just had a thermo-heat-cutting wire-thing around my neck, and then I blacked out. So, I'll probably just have nightmares for the rest of my life." I laughed, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Right..."

"Yeah." I concluded, while my lips formed a straight line.

"Yep."

"Okay." I awkwardly smiled,

"Dad, really. I'm okay." Scott announced, talking to his dad around the corner.

"I'm just gunna...yeah." I pointed over at Scott.

I walked away from Liam and made my way towards Scott. "Stupid, stupid, stupid." I hissed, scolding myself.

What is wrong with me? That was probably the most awkward conversation in the history of awkward conversations.

"You're here now." Scott says to his dad, leading me out of my train of thoughts.

"Hi, Scott." I chirped, shooting a fake-smile to Rafael.

"Hey Liz, you remember my dad right?" Scott said, motioning to his father.

"Uh, yeah...I do." I admitted, faking a smile. Of course I remembered him. He basically walked out on Scott, leaving his Mom to take care of him.

Rafael opened his mouth to speak but was cut off when Deputy Parrish hauled Violet down the hallway.

"Jordan Parrish." she spoke up.

"Deputy Parrish." he corrected.

Scott and I slowly turned her way, each receiving death glares.

"Sheriff, what is that? Is that the weapon?" Agent McCall asked Mr. Stilinski as he made his way over to us.

"Yeah. It's a thermo-cut wire." Mr. Stilinski confirmed, as I stared at the bag, looking right at the object that nearly killed me. My throat began to close as Agent McCall and Mr. Stilinski walked away, Scott following them.

"Where's Kira?" Scott questioned.

I began to breathe heavier, and slower.

"She took off. Stiles told her about Lydia cracking the second part of the dead pool." Liam skeptically answered.