|| four || guardian angel ||

Start from the beginning

"Sure, sure," She said, "Saan? 'Cause I'm gonna head home pa to change,"

"Sa Concha's na lang around 8 o'clock? Pa reserve na ako now,"

They said goodbye on the phone and Maine decided to stay a few more minutes at the vineyard and to talk with her business partner, Jerald Napoles who also owned the Vineyard restaurant, he proposed the business to her even when he was just a stranger to Maine. She was against it at first but Jerald's ideas were so innovative and income generating that she finally agreed to it, and now the restaurant had been running for six months and it was getting popular in Tagaytay. She did not regret taking risk with Jerald, they had become close friends. Jerald's restaurant attracted more people into the vineyard by day, so they were both winners.

"Je, everything set na for baby Letizia's christening tomorrow?" She reminded him,

Jerald nodded, he was a tall and dark man with cheschire smile. He was a simple man but with brains so innovative Maine was so impressed with. "Perfect na lahat, on time ang suppliers so we start cooking tomorrow morning and we also worked with the events team for the set up ng party, they're setting up na sa Function Hall C as we speak,"

Maine looked impress, "Good, the Dantes' are very influential in this town kahit bago pa lang sila dito so we need to leave a good impression and before we know, people will hear about this new and improved vineyard,"

"Ok, Meng. Trust me on this, they will enjoy their baby's christening,"

"Sige, I have to go home na. I need to get ready for dinner with Patricia and Sam."

"Third wheel na naman?" Jerald chuckled,

Maine looked at him, "Hoy anong masama don?"

"Wala, kailangan mo na mag boyfriend Meng,"

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" She shook her head as she walked away, Jerald's laughter followed her but he stayed seated in his office.

"See you tomorrow, Maine!" Maine simply waved him off, as she headed out to the parking lot and into her black Xtrail and speeded off home.
-
Concha's Garden was one of the oldest and most popular restaurants in Tagaytay, Maine knew the owner here as well because she supplied wine for Concha's. The ambience is similar to Vineyard, Maine would like to believe that Jerald was inspired by Concha's garden feel but the only difference was the food and the price. Concha's served modernised Filipino cuisine whereas the Vineyard offered mediterreanean cuisine with a twist and more pricey because of its location and a world-class chef Jerald had specifically hired when Maine gave him the approval.

Sam and Patricia, Maine's two oldest and closest friends were already waiting for her when she arrived. Patricia looking as elegant as ever with her long tight pencil skirt and white ruffled top and Sam looking dashing in his button up blue shirt and pants, obviously coming straight from work.

Maine greeted them both with a kiss on their cheeks and seated herself in front of her, ignoring the feeling building inside her that yet again she was alone. Back when she was dating Miggy, the four of them would always have a double date. Maine pushed that thought at the back of her head and instead, studied the menu in front of her. She was hungry.

"Kumusta na, Maine?" Sam asked, Sam was good-looking too. He had an Indian blood so he was the typical tall, dark and handsome. He and his wife were like the tanned version of Barbie and Ken, Maine used to tease them about that. "Pasensya na kay Jake ha, he had an out of town emergency kasi, kanina lang umalis pumunta ng Baguio,"