Chapter 2: Nightmares

Flames surrounded me, smoke is thick, the sky is black. No matter how big flames got, or how thick the smoke gets it didn't affect me.

The same black image came walking towards me, and again I didn't move. I was afraid the flames would burn me.

Fuego, it called out to me.

I turned to it and saw my mother standing behind me.

Mom? I said

I'm here sweetie.

She held out her arms to me wanting a hug from me. I jumped into her arms hugging her.

I missed you. I cried.

Suffer through the pain you cause me! She hissed

Her nails dug deep in to my skin, burning my veins, boiling blood, I screamed out in pain. She threw me into the flames.

"Ahh!" I screamed lunging forward, sweating, panting, afraid to go back to sleep"Just a dream, just a dream."

I checked my arms, no scars or bruises, I brought my knees to my chest doing my best not to cry. These dreams I've been having don't make sense all I ever see is fire or a monster coming at me, but they were extremely vivid. Last week I had one when I'm kissing the captain of the football team, the problem was- I liked it.

"Are you okay?" Aqua asked barging in with a bat.

"I'm fine." I said not looking her way

"You sure?" she still searched the room for an intruder

"Yes, I'm fine it was just a dream."

Aqua looked at me the same way mom did when one of us would have nightmares. I hate that look, it was like she was doing her best to gazed deep into my soul and find out what was wrong with me.

"You wanna talk about it?"

I finally looked at her, with a straight face.

"No, no I don't."

"Alright then, you know where I am."

I fell back on my pillow when she left, the moon light shining down through the skylight behind my bed on the ceiling. I'd always wondered what a full moon looked like. Mom never let us look at a full moon, it was one of those strange parent rules. We seemed to have a ton of those, don't stand to close to the electronics, don't run so fast, stop talking loud, don't make you sisters mad. But the biggest one was "Don't look at the full moon." although we did once, then the rest is a blur.

I  turned onto my side letting tears hit my pillow. I seem to cry for the dumbest things lately but mostly my dreams that give me false hope that my parents would return to us. I remember when my parents left like it was yesterday. If they were to come back I would ask a million and one questions about what happen.

 Something told me it was my fault that they left, or at least something in me caused them to leave.

"Wake up!" A.J told me shaking my arm that next morning

"I don't wanna." I whined deeper into the pillow

"Fine be that way." she sighed, suddenly I was pulled from my bed snatching at the sheets. A.J took my arm and leg, threw me over shoulder like she would body slam me.

"Hey, put me down!"

"Are you up?" she joked

"I'm up, you know you're very strong for such a small girl."