føurteen » date

Start from the beginning

"They're so cute! Look at them Blake!" By this point he had his palms and nose pressed against the glass wall of the exhibit looking at them in a similar way as when you hand a four-year-old a chocolate bar.

Eventually he stepped away from the glass and looked me in the eye before seriously saying, "I want one."

Of course I laughed.

"This is not fucking funny, Blakelynn. I want a fucking penguin." He glanced back at the penguins and then again to me.

"We're not stealing a penguin, Luke," I shook my head.

"B-but, they're penguins!" He suddenly looked very saddened by my statement, like he might just throw a temper tantrum.

"I'm not going to jail for penguin theft. Why don't you just get a stuffed one?" As comical as it would be, I would rather not have to go through that kind of trial.

"I already have twelve though."

My eyes widened in disbelief, almost hoping that he was kidding about the number of stuffed penguins he owned, but the look on his face told me that he was dead serious.

I coughed awkwardly trying to get the image of my twenty-eight-year-old math teacher laying in bed surrounded by a dozen fuzzy stuffed animals out of my head. It made me feel less guilty about the age difference, however.

"Well, um, okay then. How about we go see the jelly fish now?" I suggested.

»»»

Two and a half hours later, and we had seen all that the aquarium had to offer and even watched a dolphin show. Luke was sad to leave his beloved penguins behind, but he finally came to his senses and realized that smuggling a penguin would be a bad idea.

It was close to ten when Luke pulled into my driveway to drop me off. Michael's truck was back in the driveway, and the lights were on in the house meaning that my family had returned from wherever the hell they were.

"Well, I guess this is goodnight," I sighed, resting my hand on the door handle. "Thank you for the date. I can honestly say that's the most exciting date I've ever been on." It was true. All of the others dates I had gone on were either just to the movies or to some crappy diner that I was sure hadn't passed their health inspection in years.

"Thank you for coming with me," he smiled. "I hope I'll get the chance to take you on a second date sometime soon?"

"Oh, most definitely," I grinned.

The next few moments were filled with Luke pressing his lips against mine in a slow kiss that made my insides tingle.

"Goodnight, my Blakelynn," Luke said pulling away slightly before placing one more kiss to my lips.

"Goodnight, Luke." I got out of the car, feeling this sense of utter euphoria from the evening I had spent. I was on cloud nine, and I never wanted to come down. It was definitely wrong to be going on dates with and kissing my teacher, but how could something that felt this nice be so bad? Surely, if it was really that bad, I'd have some sort of gut feeling that I should stop.

I stumbled into the house trying to contain some of my happiness. I didn't need my parents questioning me about why I was so smiley all of a sudden. They would no doubt be able to relate it to some boy, which I would normally have no problem with them knowing, but this particular "boy" wasn't someone I wanted to uncover yet.

"Blakelynn Destiny Clifford, where have you been?" My father said the moment he saw me. It was like he had been waiting at the door for my arrival.

"With friends," I shrugged. He would probably just assume I meant Lindsey and Ashton since they were the only friends I had besides my twin brother.

"And you didn't think to inform your parents that you'd be out?" He raised his eyebrows at me and crossed his arms across his chest.

I rolled my eyes and retorted, "Just like you informed me that you'd be gone for three days?"

"Touché," he sighed knowing that I had a point.

"Are you going to tell me where you were?"

I normally didn't mind secrets considering I had enough of my own, but when three quarters of my family was in on something, I justifiably felt left out of the loop.

"It's complicated. We'll tell you when the time is right." He stood there awkwardly like he was just waiting for me to protest. On any usual occasion, I would have, but not tonight. I was still too high on the feeling of Luke's lips against mine to ruin it with pointless arguments.

I ended the conversation with my dad and briefly said hello to my mom and peeked my head into Michael's room only to find him not there. I knew he was at home because his truck was there, but I also knew he wasn't in the house. However, we were very close siblings— we shared the womb for nine months for goodness sake!— so that meant that I knew exactly where he was.

I climbed through his opened bedroom window and onto the roof. It was the place where we would always go to have our brother/sister heart-to-hearts.

Sure enough, there was Michael with his faded red hair, black skinny jeans, and a cigarette hanging from his lips.

Author's Note:

alright, so awkward ending, I know. that's mainly because I don't know where I'm going with this yet.

isn't it weird how I can semi-easily write an over 1000 word chapter, but I can barely write a 1000 word essay for school?

does anyone else have that struggle?

anyways, peace out girl scout✌🏻️

-Alyssa xx