Chapter 1: A Strange Feeling

Start from the beginning

Air seems to escape from my lungs just from her hazel eyes alone. She seems taller than me and purple strands stand out of her hair separate from the rest of her hair. A small string pulls my lips out and high a tiny bit as I extend a hand, pulling her up, "Yeah sure. What can I do for you?"

"Well, I'm looking for the Art class. It's room two oh three." She says as she pulls my hand and stands holding her books close to her chest, "I'm kinda new here."

My cheeks give off a fuzz-like buzz from right to left. I loosen the grip of my backpack's strap a little. Her eyes glow bright and for only a moment, every horrible memory wipes clean from my mind.

"Oh I'm going there as well, we can go there together! " My vocal cords strain for a moment and give out a cough before snapping back to reality, "I mean... If you want."

Wait a minute... What the fuck did I just say? Most importantly, why the hell am I blushing?

"Of course!" She says and reaches her hand out, "By the way, I'm Daniela. Daniela Kimura. What's yours?"

I go to touch her hand and the muscles pull back, before grabbing her soft, peach hands again. My pitch squeaking high, "Mish—Ahem. Misheru Nakamura." I rub the back of my neck, rub my arms and ask, "S-So... Are you new here?"

That's a stupid question to ask. Of course, she's new here! Why does everything that comes out of my mouth now is the stupidest thing! And she said it a few moments ago!

"Yup." She says with a nod. Her eyes lock onto mine as her face gets closer, "Are you alright?"

"Y-Y-Yeah! Why do you ask?"

"Well. Uh. You have bruises across your arms." She says. Her eyebrows wrinkle upwards as she looks into my face, "And well... your eye is a little black."

I jump back a little to get some distance and feel my bruises. Can't hide them with this shirt. Should've thought about that before heading here in the first place.

Another one like this? I should just walk her to class. Maybe she'll ignore it.

"Oh, that? It's nothing."

"But—"

"I just fell when I was home this morning. That's all."

Daniela pokes my cheek and narrows her eyes down at me, "Are you sure—"

I grab her arm and pull her down, hopefully shutting her up and avoiding her from touching me, "Okay, we're here, but since we're late we need to sneak in."

"Ooo. Sounds fun. Let's do it!" She whispers.

*******

I open the door slowly, seeing the teacher write on the erasable, whiteboard. The room has paintings of different kinds across the walls and on top of counters. Square, tile floors spread out across the floor with four sets of wide tables connected in a U formation with chairs behind them. The class paid attention to the board and their sketchbooks. Awards are on top of his metallic, wooden desk with binders upon binders atop the wooden surface. Placing soft steps ahead of me, looking out for the teacher to turn his head. So far, so good.

"Hey, Misheru!" A boy raises his voice from the silent listening. "Come here! I saved you a seat!"

Are you fucking serious right now? Now there's more trouble.

I give out a heavy sigh, glaring at him. Crossing my arms, rubbing an invisible headache off my forehead, "Unbe-fucking-lievable." I mutter.

The teacher turns around and fixes his glasses with another glare staring down at me, "Ah, so my two missing students finally arrived." He says strolling towards his desk and opening up the roll call notebook, clicking down his pen. "Daniela, since your new here I'll let you go off this time. As for YOU Nakamura," He pauses and looks up at me for a second before continuing to write down, "You're going to start coming late again like last year? You know what happened because of it."