Forever

"Erin's gonna be okay," I said the next day in the studio, "it's not cancer."
Dan smiled, "that's great."
I bit my lip, "I was so scared I was gonna lose her," I confessed.
He patted my arm, "don't worry. She's fine now."
I paused, "we're friends, right?'
"... yeah, of course. Why?"
"Can I ask you something?"
"Yeah, sure."
"Well... I know that Erin and I haven't even been dating for a year... but I really really love her. Like, more than I thought was possible. And... I don't know, I feel like I wanna be with her forever. And with all the shit that we've already gone through. And stuck together through..."
He grinned widely, "are you saying what I think you're saying?"
I couldn't hide my smile, "I... I think I want to ask her to marry me."
Dan gasped, "oh my god!"
"Is that a good 'oh my god' or a bad 'oh my god'?" I worried.
"Amazing," he hugged me, "I'm so happy for you."
"Really? You don't think I'm being too hasty?"
"Not at all. I think it's perfect timing. I can't believe it, but I think it's great."
"I can't believe it either... how should I do it?" I asked.
"Uh... you could take her out to dinner?"
"Sure, that could work."
"I mean it's kind of cliché but it's cute. And then after it you take her a walk around the city- the nice part of the city- and stop at a bench. There's a really nice spot not too far away from a good restaurant, I'll show you how to get there. It's all lit up and shit. You could sit there with her. And that's where you propose."
"God, you've thought that through. It sounds really nice," I agreed.
"Now you just need to get a ring."