Lump

"Your parents are amazing," I said to Erin, "I didn't know parents could be normal."
She laughed. Her mom and dad left about half an hour ago and I was still stunned. She put her arm around my shoulder, "how about another glass of wine?"
"That's a very good idea."
She picked up the bottle and poured us both a glass.
"To us!" She giggled, clinking her glass against mine. We were both slightly drunk.
"You're really hot," I suddenly stated decidedly.
"As are you."
"Let's make out."
"Yeah, let's."
We kissed passionately. I pushed her on to her back and she wrapped her legs around mine. As we kissed, I touched her breast, feeling it's softness. Then I felt something hard.
I gasped, sitting up.
"What's wrong?" Erin laughed, "you look like you've seen a ghost."
My heart was pounding and sinking at the same time. This couldn't be happening. I looked at her, "Uh... baby, I don't know how to tell you this..."
"What is it?" She frowned.
"I... I think I just felt a lump."
She didn't say anything. Then she smiled, "Nah, you can't have. I'm fine."
"... I really think I did," I bit my lip.
"Where?" She asked.
I guided her hand to the spot.
"... oh," her face fell, "well... that's weird."
We sat in stunned silence. Then I took a deep breath, "right, we can make an appointment with a doctor in the morning. It's probably nothing."
"Exactly. It's nothing. There's no point in wasting a doctor's time," she sighed.
"Erin," I touched her arm, "please."
"... okay. You're right."
"But you're gonna be okay. It's just a tiny lump. Still, the sooner it's sorted the better, right?"
"Right," she said quietly.
I was trying to be positive for her, but I was terrified. I wasn't ready to lose her. I gave myself a shake- I wasn't going to lose her at all. This lump didn't mean anything.
I looked over to see her eyes brimming with tears.
"Hey," I hugged her, holding her tight, "it's okay. You're gonna be okay."
"What if I'm not?" She sniffed.
"You will be. I promise."