Jasper

Jasper

Piper's POV

It was the day after the Giant War officially ended. The wounded flooded the infirmary, and Leo had to make a small cabin for the campers that didn't fit in the Infirmary. The Athena kids were extra busy with weaving the burial cloths, (which, sadly, were a lot) and everyone was 'on break' for 1 week, meaning no classes, no anything. Just one full week of free time. Most were grieving the deaths of loved ones, but others were resting or doing whatever they wanted.

I was sitting on a bench and watching the Apollo kids play basketball for some apparent reason when Jason walked over. "Hey." He greeted. "Hi." I said, "What's up?" His bright smile faded, which I knew was a bad sign. "Um...I need to talk to you. Alone, preferably." He said. I got up. "Okay. Where?" I asked. "My cabin is good." He said. We walked to Cabin 1, holding hands.

When we got inside, it was cold and dark, as usual. Jason closed the door behind us. "So what do you need to talk about?" I asked. By the look on his face, it was bad.

Jason locked eyes with me. "Piper, I-" his voice cracked. "I can't stay here. I belong at Camp Jupiter." I could see tears welling up in his eyes. "I'm Roman, not Greek." I bit my lip, trying to keep the tears in.

Of course, that didn't work.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, sobbing. Jason hugged me back, his hands on my waist.

After awhile I pulled away. He smiled faintly. "I'll be right back." He raced to his bunk, leaving me to sit and think. I couldn't believe that he was leaving. I could use charmspeak to make him stay, but I would never do that to my boyfriend.

He came back with his hands behind his back. He took a deep breath, and handed me a little white box. I looked at him gratefully, and maybe a little suspicious, and opened the box.

What I saw was beautiful. A silver ring, with a yellow lightning bolt wrapped around a white dove. I gasped. On the outside, it read, Lighting McQueen. Our couple nickname. I took it out and slipped it on my finger, still in awe.

Jason smiled and hugged me. "Thank you!" I gasped. "No, thank you, Piper, for the best year of my life."

.oOo.

*The next day*

"I still can't believe that he's leaving tomorrow." I told Annabeth. She nodded. " I can't believe it either." She said. I smiled. "Hey Annabeth, wanna see something cool?" I asked her. She hesitated. "Um...sure, I guess." I pulled the ring off my finger, which had been concealed thanks to my pockets. She gasped. "Oh my gosh Piper! Is that from Jason?" I rolled my eyes. "No, Annabeth, it's from Leo." I said sarcastically.

Suddenly Jason appeared. "Hey Pipes, can I um...talk to you?" He asked. I smiled. "Sure, Sparky." I got up and followed him away from where Annabeth and I had been sitting. "So, Piper," he started. Oh no. More bad news. He took a deep breath. "I won't be able to visit a lot, being Praetor." I frowned slightly."It's okay, Jason. Really, it's fine." He smiled. "You didn't let me finish. I won't be able to visit a lot, so...I'm staying here!!!" He announced. I gasped and kissed him.

Best.Day.Ever.

.oOo.

A/N: JASPER FLUFF!!! That was fun to write. But then again it was very short. I guess there's a reason they call them 'one-shots' right? Because their short. That was a bad joke-thing.

So I guess that most of these will be short. Sorry 'bout that.

Next chappie is on the way!

-Swirl 

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of these characters!! I am not Rick Riordan.