Percabeth

Percabeth

Percy's POV

Just a demigod's luck.

As soon as I am reunited with Annabeth after Hera plopped me in Camp Jupiter, we're hanging right over the depths of Tartarus.

The deep pit shook. My fingers were slowly giving out. I wouldn't be able to hold on much longer. I stared into Annabeth's stormy gray eyes, remembering when I first met her, when we were twelve. 'You drool in your sleep.' She had said.

I let go of her gaze and looked up. Nico was leaning over the pit. He held his hand out, as if I could grab it. He was at least 15 feet away, at the top, at the surface. I could barely hear Hazel's voice, screeching to the others for help.

"Percy, let me go," I heard Annabeth moan. "You can't pull me up."

She thought that I would just let go of her? Let her die? "Never," I said. I looked back up at Nico. He looked terrified-and extremely worried. I couldn't read people like Annabeth could, but he wore his emotions on his face like a mask.

"Nico!" I screamed, not sure if he could hear me, "The other side, Nico! We'll see you there. Understand?"

Nico looked shocked. His eyes widened. "But-"

"Lead them there!" I pleaded. "Promise me!"

Nico nodded, his face suddenly determined. "I-I will."

In the chasm, that creepy voice laughed. "Sacrifices. Beautiful sacrifices to wake the goddess."

I tightened my grip on Annabeth's wrist. Her hair covered in cobwebs, her gray eyes full of terror. I locked eyes with her, and said, "We're staying together. You're not getting away from me. Never again."

"As long as we're together." She agreed.

My bloody fingers crumbled. My hand slipped, and together, we tumbled into the darkness.

On the way down, the only reminder that I was still alive was Annabeth. Our fingers were locked. I felt the blood flowing from her hand, or was that my blood? I wished that it could stay like that forever. But I knew better. Nothing good stayed forever.

.oOo.

A/N: So that was basically the falling-into-Tartarus scene in Percy's POV. I thought it would make a nice one-shot. That last paragraph, when they were falling, was my own work. I don't know if that happened, but I made it up. Sorry if it was short. Anyhoo, thanks for reading!!

Vote, comment, and maybe fan?

(P.S. I added a cast! Boo Boo Stewart as Frank...idk where that came from but no hate cause I couldn't find anyone else...)
-Swirl

DISCLAMER: The plot for THIS CHAPTER and the characters belong to Rick Riordan. That last paragraph belongs to me.