Suprise?

As the boys talked in the other room, probably about me , I stood in the kitchen with Clairece making pasta and chicken. I felt awkward not knowing what to talk about so I busied myself with making the Alfredo sauce. I looked up noticing Clair smiling at me, and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"How has your mating been?" I smiled thinking about Blake, "It's been wonderful, your son is an amazing mate." Clair sadly smiled, "I wish I could take credit, but he's just my step son. Blake hasn't told you has he?" I shook my head. So I'm not the only one keeping secrets then. I think Blake and I need to have a talk later.

Clair finished up the pasta and I set everything up. She called the boys in and we started eating. This was an awkward family dinner at its finest. Finally Clair cleared her throat and asked, "how's the pasta?" Blake and I nodded our approval but Blake's father just shrugged. "Can you at least compliment them?!? They both worked hard to make this while you sat on your lazy ass!" Blake screamed at his father. I opened my eyes wide, as the Alpha's eyes got pitch black, "Do not disrespect me in my own home! I am still your Alpha! Now take your useless human mate and get the fuck out!" I felt tears brim my eyes but Blake was furious. I saw him shift into a huge Black wolf and leap across the table. The Alpha also shifted into his Dark Brown wolf just in time for Blake to pounce on him.

I stood there shocked, what do I do? Clair just sat still like this was normal. Blake threw his father through the wall and I flinched. They were rolling over each other and gnawing and clawing. I had to stop it. "Stop!" I shrieked my voice shaky. But they kept going as if I was unheard. "Blake please stop it!" I screamed louder. No effect. I knew the only thing I could do even if I gave away my secret. I closed my eyes and channeled all the energy I could. Then in a clear command I said, "stop fighting,"

Time froze. Blake withdrew his claws from the Alpha and stood up going away from him. He looked at me puzzled. I know this must be confusing for him. Both of them shifted back, bloody and bruised and obviously shocked. I looked at the ground hiding my face from them.

Blakes confused voice was heard first, "How the hell... What are you?"