cнαρтєя 14 (ωяιттєη ву @ωσυℓ∂ηтℓαѕт_1∂αу)

"Cher, why is Niall crying? He won't talk to me," Zayn asked worried. He entered the room, after a long day out checking the streets to see if the police were still patrolling the city (they were), he came to see Niall, on their bed, weeping. He asked what was wrong but got no response apart from him mumbling into a pillow and avoiding Zayn's touch.

"Told him you didn't love him," she stated with a nonchalant shrug, she lay on the sofa, sprawled out with her eyes closed, obviously trying to get a nap. "What? Why!" Zayn exclaimed, walking towards the couch with his fists clenched. She merely shrugged. "B-But..I do love him!" Zayn yelled a little too loudly. "Well, too late now," she shrugged again and Zayn wanted to rip her shoulders off for a moment. "Why did you tell him that? You probably ruined everything now," he tried to calm himself down, knowing from his temper he would engrave into Cher's skin all the words he wished he could say in that very moment. "I don't like him, or trust him, he's apart of the police, he'll give us away," she growled under her breath, and Zayn relaxed a little, "That's why we're trying to gain his trust in the first place," he sighed, "I don't get it, you've been so loyal all this time and you know I love him, why are you hating on him?" "Zayn if you really do love him, I don't think you should use him, he's a nice kid, and I'm still not used to making friends, remember?" She chuckled breathily, Zayn smiled at that. He did remember.

He had found Cher alone, in the streets, she was very feisty and fierce, quite snappy as well. Zayn found her amusing, and his heart kind of broke once he learnt that she was homeless, the two quickly became friends. At first, when she learnt that Zayn was MMM, she didn't react, knowing him well enough that there was a reason for his doings, and there was. Zayn told him about his mum, and about how thats how it all started. One night, Zayn came home all smiles and dreamy sighs, and Cher was genuinely curious because he never came to their apartment like that. The next day it happened again and the brunette found out about Niall, thats when things started going a little weird. Zayn's first initial thought was to take Niall in and kill him, thinking it was such a prize and a great honour to murder such a beauty, and thats when Cher nodded, agreeing. Then Cher saw these boxes, photos, drawings of and for Niall. She knew something was deeply wrong with her friend, and she got worried; Zayn had never been like this to anybody. She didn't understand at all, but she knew that she didn't like this guy, didn't like him one bit. Zayn came home again the next week looking ecstatic, it made Cher feel uneasy. Then Zayn realised.

"Are you mad because I'm in love with him?" She grunted in response and Zayn took it as a yes. "You're acting different, Z, I don't like it," she sat up, hugging her knees. Zayn smiled at her, taking a seat opposite her and shaking his head, "I'm still killing people, I'm not that different; I'm just in love." Cher laughed at the first part and nodding her head in understanding "Guess I just feel a little left out," she mumbled. Cher was like a little sister to Zayn, she was all sassy and back talk when in reality she was just as vulnerable and scared as the next person. "You probably should go, tell him I'm sorry." She nodded before getting up and walking towards her room "I'm going to bed, its my turn to patrol tomorrow," Zayn responded with a short shout of a yes and he quickly returned to his room. Looking at the clock, he realised it was getting really late, and he stripped off his clothes. His eyes landed on the blonde boy, silently snoring on his bed, mouth half open releasing the most calmest of breaths. Slipping into his side, he wrapped an arm around him, Niall immediately squirming before finding a comfortable spot snuggled into his chest. "Boo?" He whispered, gently nudging his hip. "Mm?" Niall's eyes fluttered open sleepily, blinking a few times and looking up to see Zayn's face. "What Cher said isn't true, you know I love you, right?" He bit his lip, staring intently into those lighter blue irises. He looked confused for a moment before he suddenly remembered and he shuffled away, "Oh yeah, I'm mad at you," Zayn took a hold of his arm and stopped him, "Niall, I love you, okay? Cher just said that because she felt left out. We've been friends for quite a long while, you see, and she's not used to having me..act like this." He explained, glancing back at Niall. "Fine," the blond sighed with a bleary roll of his eyes, "I believe you," a smile crept up onto the darker lad's face and he placed a small kiss onto Niall's pouted lips. "Go to sleep, now, I want to show you something tomorrow," Niall was already a sleep halfway through the sentence, causing Zayn to chuckle.