cнαρтєя 6 (ωяιттєη ву @ωσυℓ∂ηтℓαѕт_1∂αу)

Niall woke up, still feeling slightly shaken up from yesterday. It had all happened so quickly. The slap, the blood, the stranger, then the rescuer, who still to this morning, Niall knew nothing about apart from his name. It was a surprise to Niall how so much occurred in only a time span of twenty minutes. He slipped his hand under his pillow in search for his phone, once it was found he quickly dialled Liam's number.

"Hello?, Niall?"

"Yeah, Li! Just wanted to sa-"

"He's not dead yet? Wow" a voice Niall recognised was Louis' said in the background.

"Well thanks, Lou. Your concern for me touches my heart dearly." Niall chuckled sarcastically. "Why are you guys up so early? Whats been happening in the office?" he questioned, swinging his legs over the mattress and getting up, pulling on his pants, not a single thought coming to mind as to why he was just in boxers at all.

"We thought we could help with your case but Uncle Si rejected us. He said that he relies on you to 'do the job right' he says. And not much as happened really, most of us just worrying for the sake of your life." Liam explained, Niall could hear a few rustles of paper and he guessed that Liam was getting something on his desk.

"Thanks, but I'm fine" Niall sighed, he threw on a random shirt over his head and proceeded down the stairs, phone still pressed to his cheek. "So have you got any information on the MM yet? What did the body look like? Did you throw up?" Louis' laugh was heard in the distance. "Oh god," images of the corpse flashed through his mind. "Don't even go there. Out of all the cases, MMM picks the one I'm working on to give his victim the most violent beating." Niall grimaced, face screwing with disgust. "That bad?" "There was a chainsaw involved, Li, you put those pieces together" Niall grabbed a cereal bar from his cupboard and took a bite out of it, his eyes scanning around his surroundings, something felt wrong. "Wow...so whats the plan today?" "Thats actually why I called you, I've seen the body and attended the viewing of it, but what needs to be done is how the MM did it, tell Uncle Si I'm at the station." Niall's eyes landed on his kitchen counter, a single red rose placed on top of it, a tag attached to it. 'For you' was all it said, printed in cursive writing. "Ah, the ulterior motive." Liam sighed, the typing of keys were heard before a loud click of a mouse, Niall guessed that he was on the computer. "Exactly" Niall said, sniffing it slightly with a smile, no clue as to why it was there in the first place. He twirled the stem in between his fingers, noticing that one petal was missing from it, but he didn't delve into the problem that much. Petals fall off all the time.

"You do realise they might not permit you into that kind of area?" Louis' voice boomed "You do realise I don't care" Niall deadpanned and Liam's hearty chuckle was heard through the phone. "Determined much?" "Hell yes. I will smash those windows to get in if I have to" Niall slipped on his shoes, grabbing his keys and unlocking his front door. "Little violent but okay." "See ya soon, okay Li? Bye Lou" "Bye Ni!"

-

Niall parked his car outside the station, the tall buildings towering over his range rover. He saw Harry's large figure at the entrance and he exited the vehicle, locking it before hurrying over to him. He smiled at the boy, a small wave before the expression on his face faltered, Harry looked nervous. "What happened?" Niall began to inwardly panic, what could have possibly gone wrong now?

"We got another box today, this time its even more confusing then the last one." Niall pressed his lips into a tight line, gaze dropping to the floor. "A-Any..uhm, photos?" He stuttered with his words, if the MM send them any more theres a large chance they find out that it was about him, and then they'll find out about the papers. Shit, the papers.. where did Niall put them? "No..well, kind of? Just..uhm, just come with me." Harry sighed, his face evident with perplexed thoughts, he obviously had a lot on his mind, Niall thought.