CHAPTER 59: "YOU'RE COUNTING THE STAIRS?"

ALISHA KHAN - POINT OF VIEW:

Sleeping I was dozen of in my own world where everything was perfect until I felt a voice calling my name.

"Alisha" I heard the voice calling me making me come back to reality. I opened my eyes and saw a figure wearing all white standing in front of me.

I looked up to see Aariz smiling at me and then removed his hand from my shoulder which he probably shook me with.

"Good afternoon Alisha" he said and I moved in my seat before sitting comfortably.

"Morning" I said and looked up at him who now sat on the edge of the window where there was some place to sit.

"How are you feeling?" he asked me and I looked at him.

How would you feel after killing someone?

"I ... I don't know if you want me to feel happy or disgusted about that I ... I ki ... killed someone" I said and felt like my voice was going to break but I managed to stay put.

"I get horrible thoughts. I am a horrible person" I said trying to suppress the tears which were daring to come out.

"Alisha you are not a horrible person, remember that. Sometimes we get in a situation where we have to make a decision we don't like afterwards but what is done is done and you can't change that fact. Besides what you did wasn't wrong because you did that to save a life" he said and I looked up at him in the eyes.

"Wh ... what do you mean by sa ... save a li ... life?" I asked him and he sighed before chuckling "Do you really think that I am that stupid Alisha?" he asked me with mischievous in his voice.

"I ... I don't understand" I told him and he smiled before leaning in towards me making my heart flip.

"I saw what you did and why you did" he whispered in my ear making me close my eyes.

"Wh ... what did I do?" I asked him trying to act all normal.

"I don't need to tell you what you did the only thing you have to know is that what you tried yesterday night was the best for you and us" he said before standing up.

"Got it?" he asked and I just nodded and wiped away the tears I didn't realized fall down.

"Well now you have to come downstairs we have to eat dinner" he said walking towards the bed where there was placed a bag. "This is for you" he said pointing towards it and I nodded before standing up and limping towards the bed while getting support from the wall.

"How is your wounds and sprain now?" he asked me and I just nodded "painful but bearable until now" I told him truthfully.

"Okay now go and get changed. When you are done I will come and help you down" he said and I looked at him.

I always wanted to be independent I don't want to be dependent on people because I am enough depended on my kidnappers I don't want to be depended on people for such small thing.

"I don't need your help I will come by myself" I said looking into his brownish eyes.

"It's okay I can help you down" he said but I shook my head "I told you I will do it by myself" I said my voice raising a bit.

"Are you sure?" he asked concerned and I sighed in frustration before nodding "Yes"

"Deal. You will come down on your own and find the living room without anyone's help" he said giving me a victorious smile making him weird.

Why is he acting like he won something?

"Deal" I said to him and then shook his hand he extended towards me.