Chapter Forty-Nine

Louis Tomlinson

Louis Tomlinson

"Don't worry, love, she'll love the present," I was telling Harry as we got out in the drive of my mum's.

Harry began pulling bags out of the back as I helped him.

It was now Christmas Eve, and my birthday... it had been over a month now and Harry had already made huge progress. He wasn't focusing on it anymore... though he still had nightmares about what happened.

No more leads had even been made on what happened... which was a good thing in my head. I just wasn't sure how Harry was still feeling about it.

I stopped at the door, knocking slowly, my mum appearing immediately.

"My boys," she smiled at us, hugging me and then Harry, "how are you?"

"Fine, mum, how are you?" Harry smiled and kissed her cheek gently.

"I'm doing well, love," she smiled at Harry before turning to me, "happy birthday."

I grinned as Harry just smiled next to me. "Thanks, mum. You already texted me this morning..."

"... And I've told him like a million times," Harry chuckled a little next to me, "told him you had a great dinner planned for him tonight."

"Did you?" My mum grinned at me.

"Couldn't keep my mouth shut, sorry," Harry smiled innocently before he was hugging Lottie, then Daisy and Phoebe next.

I couldn't help but smile... I personally felt like so much weight had been lifted off Harry's shoulders... even if he didn't see it that way yet.

This person here with me was the person he was... this is who he was meant to be all along. It was the person he had always wanted to be.

My mum really went out of her way cooking us a Sunday roast for dinner that night, along with a homemade cake, which Harry had cooked.

I ran my finger over it, taking some of the icing as Harry smacked my hand away. I chuckled a little as he grinned and fixed it.

"What?"

"Don't touch it," he smirked at me.

"You didn't have to make me a cake," I smiled at him.

He grinned a little, "hey, I told you... I wanna cook for you, remember?"

I nodded, a smile on my face, "so, Styles..."