Chapter Forty-Three

Harry Styles

"Ready, love?" I heard Louis calling from the hallway.

My fingers went through my almost dry curls as I looked them over in the mirror.

"Harold, you've been getting ready for forever," Louis groaned from the doorway.

I turned to look at him, his eyes on me, looking me up and down.

I walked over to him, a smirk on my lips as I looked him over, fumbling with his scarf. "You look amazing in that scarf, you know. Goes great with your eyes."

"Thanks," he got out, glancing down at my sheer shirt, "are you... are you wearing that?"

I looked down at myself, smiling a little, "what? Don't like what you see?"

"No, I like it very much," he quickly replied, his fingers gently running over the bottom of my shirt across my stomach, "you look... amazing in it. I mean, as long as you don't mind people staring at you..."

"I'm used to it," I shrugged a little and tried to fix my curls.

"You're used to showing your nips?" Louis joked as he pinched my nipple gently through the see through shirt.

"Hey," I knocked his hand away gaining a laugh from him.

"What? Do you have sensitive nips?" Louis gave me a sly look, his fingers running across my nipple so light and soft.

"They are a bit," I managed to say to him, my eyes staying on his. "You trying to get me in the sack already? We haven't even had dinner yet."

Louis laughed, "no, I'll be a good boy and wait till we get back."

I smiled and picked up my coat before fixing my hair again.

"Did you... did you paint your nails again?" Louis asked, grabbing my hand from my hair.

"I did," I nodded a little, "does that bother you?"

"No," he told me, "not at all, love. Really. You know that by now."

I smiled as he kept my hand in his looking over the deep red polish on my nails. "You really like it, don't you?"

Louis' eyes met mine again and he was completely serious, "only on you. It suits you."

"Thank you," I whispered, my fingers interlocking with his own, "I'm... I'm glad you're not weirded out by me."

"Harry," he sighed, "don't..."

"I'm not," I said back quickly, "I just... I mean that."

"Cab's here!" Niall called from the balcony.

I slipped my coat on and followed Louis out of the bedroom.

"You're wearing that on your date?" Niall nearly snorted at me.

"Hey, shut it, Horan," Louis replied looking at me standing behind him, "Harry looks amazing and can wear whatever the fuck he wants."

"I didn't mean anything by it," Niall threw his hands up in defense as he laughed a little.

I had my hands on Louis' shoulders massaging them gently, not even realizing I had done it... but then again, by now, touching him was second nature to me.

I remembered telling myself that I wasn't sure that I wanted to do all of these things with him... I remembered being scared that if I did touch him, kiss him, and love him like I wanted to that he would eventually run away as well. It was a fear that had finally been drowned out, though, because I had seen now what Louis was willing to do for me. There was no he'd ever run the other way now. He really did love me.