Chapter One

"Sometimes, you think that if someone is really eager to be in your life that they obviously do care deeply for you. No. They don't care for you... they care only for your company. And... they do everything within their means to make sure they stay in your life. They can't thrive without you... and eventually neither can you." - Harry Styles

"Some things, once you've loved them become yours forever. And if you try to let them go, they only circle back and return to you. They become a part of who you are... or they destroy you." - Allen Ginsberg

Louis Tomlinson

I was already dreading university and I hadn't even had my first class yet. I was beginning to think that transferring from Doncaster was completely ridiculous. But I wanted to experience London. And I had promised my mum when I moved that I would stay in uni and continue my education.

I took my suitcases to my new room in the dorms. It wasn't very big at all but then again, neither were the ones in Doncaster.

My new roommate was called Stan, one of the preps of the university who took academics very seriously. I, myself, wasn't very serious at all. Yeah, I kept good grades back home, but now that I was here, it seemed learning was the farthest thing from my mind.

My first class was on a sunny, chilly Tuesday morning in September. I'll never forget that day. It was the day my life changed.

I had a seat in one of the many desks in the large auditorium. It was at that moment that I noticed him... sitting a few desks over.

He was dark headed with long curls and looked totally annoyed to be sitting in class. But he was mesmerizing. I couldn't listen to the professor; all I saw was this beautiful guy chewing gum and twiddling his pen between his fingers.

Stan was sitting next to me and I allowed my curiosity to get the best of me.

"Who's that?" I whispered while I pointed over at curly.

"That?" He asked, nearly snorting, "Harry. He's, uh, well, he's just a student. One that doesn't wanna be here. He's hardly ever in class."

I nodded a little while I kept my eyes on him. He was pushing his curls back and sitting reclined now in his seat, his arms crossed.

"He's not the kind you want to hang out with," Stan said quietly and looked back at the professor.

I stayed quiet and turned my eyes back to the board, though I could see this Harry staring at me out of the corner of my eye. And he continued through the whole class. So did I. It was hard not to look at him for some reason.

When class finished, I got up and gathered my things. Harry walked past me, smiling a little as he did. And I honestly had never seen a more gorgeous, dimpled smile. I tried to keep my composure as I walked behind him outside to my next class. I stayed a few feet away from him, but he finally slowed his pace until he was almost next to me.

"You're new," his voice was raspy and deep.

"Uh, yeah," I spoke up, not looking at him, "just transferred."

"Transferred," he said as I finally looked up at him, his eyes already on me and his smile radiating, "from where?"

"Doncaster."

He nodded and kept walking in pace with me. I kept stealing glances at this boy, this young man who looked maybe 19 or 20. He was in tight skinny jeans with high-heeled suede boots and a white t-shirt that showed off the many tattoos on his left arm. He was a little intimidating to be honest. But his smile was gentle.

We didn't say another word as we went to the next class. He took a desk directly next to me, still smiling and I felt my cheeks flushing as I grinned down at my desk. It was hard to even concentrate during class. All I could see was Harry next to me. I had no idea what was happening. But he was intriguing in every way possible.