Chapter Thirty-Five

(Coldplay - EverGlow)

Louis Tomlinson

"Text me as soon as you arrive," Anne was telling Harry as she hugged him tight.

We were standing out front of the airport ready for our flight back to London. Harry was still tense and it showed. But I was doing my best to keep his mind off of it.

"I will, I love you, mum," Harry said softly and kissed her cheek. "I love you so much."

"I'll see you in a few weeks," she smiled at him.

Harry looked to be forcing a smile again, but managed to nod to her.

"It was wonderful meeting you, mum," I told Anne immediately as I hugged her.

"It was wonderful meeting you, louis," she laughed, "I can't wait to see you again."

"You as well," I smiled as Harry and Gemma hugged.

"Text me," I heard her telling him, making sure he had heard her. Harry nodded a little and kept his eyes off in the distance.

I hated seeing him like this.

We were boarded in no time, Harry was sitting next to me, chewing gum and looking out the window; but he wasn't smiling this time.

I wasn't sure what to say to him. I didn't know what he was feeling. I couldn't figure out parts of him still; I knew that he was struggling right now.

I pulled out my phone and texted Liam asking him if the arrangements had been made with the flat. He had said in Dublin that it was all signed for... that he was waiting on the keys.

Liam finally texted back, while Harry was almost asleep next to me. He told me they had been left with Gemma.

I knew Gemma had given Harry her extra key for us to stay at her place, but I had a plan that I hoped would work. I wanted to cheer him up somehow.

Once we landed, we rented a vehicle. Harry kept quiet next to me again, his eyes on his phone. I wanted to ask him what the git was saying but I felt like I should leave it... Harry was stressed enough.

The cab slowed on her street and we stepped out. I gathered the bags from the trunk while Harry paid the driver. He pulled off and Harry's eyes darted around the street.

"What?" I asked, "do you think they'll be here?"

He stayed quiet; and after finally surveying the whole street, he headed to the apartment building.

We rode the elevator in silence again. It was becoming unbearable.

Harry started unlocking the door as I watched him, "hey, can we do something?"

He looked back at me as his hand pushed open the door, "what?"

"Are you in the mood to go somewhere?" I asked, "I know it's late, but I kinda wanted to take you somewhere."

Harry smiled as we both dragged our bags in and to the guest room.

"It's like 11," he laughed a little and went straight for the closet pulling out his box again.

I stood still and watched him searching through it, before pulling out something. He walked to the bathroom next while he called to me, "what did you have in mind?"

"Well, some food from that bistro that's open really late and a trip somewhere. For just the two of us. Nowhere public."

I heard Harry turning the water on, "uh, sure, yeah, I guess. Probably better than staying here. I mean, they know I'm back."