Chapter Forty

This chapter gets pretty deep as it is when we see the classic Stockholm syndrome symptoms from Harry; and Louis' realization that Harry is in fact, suffering from something.

This chapter is done quite different. I wanted to use both of their POVs for this chapter as it is important to picture what Harry is going through while Zayn and Louis are at Darren's place)

(Louis' POV will be in italics)

(This song makes this scene. Please listen to it, if you can)

 Please listen to it, if you can)

Harry Styles

I knew... I knew where they were. I knew what Louis had gone to do... and I didn't stop him. I didn't try to stop him. But I should've, I thought. He and Zayn were risking their lives for me while I was here... how could I let this happen?

My tears began to fall again and I was doing my best to stay in control of this situation; I didn't know how to. It was killing me because I couldn't do anything. I felt completely helpless; completely responsible.

I wiped my eyes, getting up quickly and searching through my box; I had to not feel... I had to numb myself, I kept thinking over and over. Because the pain I was feeling was going to kill me. I couldn't do this.

I shot the liquid into my vein, closing my eyes and trying to calm my mind a bit. I didn't know if this was going to help at all, or make it worse... but I had to do something.

My mind was racing with thoughts of Louis and Zayn both. They knew what they were standing up against and they had gone anyway. How had I allowed it to come to this? This wasn't their battle, it was mine. And what if the price I paid was death for one of them?
___________________________________

(Louis POV)

Zayn didn't even bother knocking on the door once we looked inside and saw no one but Darren. He busted the glass and turned the door knob, Darren's eyes looking up at us from where he stood.

I was now face to face with Harry's demon... I was now looking at the one person who took everything from Harry; the one person responsible for destroying Harry, for abusing Harry, for completely changing who Harry was.

His face was bloody, the blood could be seen on his shirt... it was Harry's blood... Harry's blood was all over him; all I could think of was Harry here just a short while ago having this bastard attack him again... all that flashed through my mind were images of Harry being forced into something he didn't want to do, yet again.

I felt so much rage in me while I stood there staring at this person... this inhumane person. I could see it written all over him; everything Harry had told me about him I could see in his face: his attitude towards Harry, his constant ways of bringing Harry down, and his never ending battle to keep something that wasn't fucking his. I saw it all in that face of his. I saw Harry when I looked at him.