Chapter Twenty-Six

I recommend this song for this chapter.

(flashbacks in italics)

Harry Styles

Darren was putting out a line on his dresser while I stood still watching him.

"It's not that bad," he smiled at me, "just burns a little."

"I don't know," I started as I stared at it, "I'm not sure I want to..."

"Oh, come on, you'll like it," he said handing me a small straw.

I held it between my fingers for a few seconds. Darren crossed his arms and smiled at me and I finally got the courage to do it.

I closed my eyes as I held my nose afterwards. It burned to the point my eyes began to water.

"You alright?" Darren laughed.

"That fucking burns," I looked back at him, his laughter getting louder, "Jesus."

"Oh, it's not so bad once you're used to it," he grinned.

The music was booming downstairs while I stood there holding my nose.

Darren was having a party with a few of his friends; most of them I was friends with now too, though I had only been around him a few months.

"Feel anything yet?" He asked me.

I looked around the room, the sound and the lights seeming brighter.

"I feel a little different, not much," I replied.

"Give it a few minutes," he smiled and opened the bedroom door.

We walked back downstairs, people standing everywhere laughing and drinking. I was the youngest person here. The closest person to 18 was Lola, who was 28. I had always been one for older crowds anyways and it was nice having this circle of friends who accepted me like I was.

I walked outside to where Lola and her friend Rita were standing.

"Harry, hey," she smiled immediately, "you alright?"

I nodded and smiled, "fine. Just... feeling a little out there right now."

She giggled and hit her cigarette, "you guys coming with us this weekend?"