Chapter Twelve

Harry Styles

The ride back to my house was rather quiet. Louis knew my mood had changed. He wasn't saying much at all, but he was holding my hand on his lap, maybe in an attempt to comfort me. He was great at that. He didn't even have to try. His presence alone was enough for me to feel comfort and at peace.

How this little smart ass from Doncaster had come into my life and changed it was beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. I never seen myself with someone like him, someone so caring and loving. And it was crazy to say I loved him, but I knew without a doubt that I did... and that I didn't want to lose him.

"Why don't we go to second class?" He was saying while I parked.

"I don't really want to," I mumbled and turned off the car.

"Come on, Harry," he quietly said.

"I really just wanna go to bed," I sighed and got out. He made sure to grab both our bags from the back seat, "thank you."

"No problem, love," he said as I unlocked the garage door.

"Hey, you're back!" Niall screamed as soon as we entered. "How was Donny?"

"Was great actually," I replied.

"Louis, I need to talk to you. I'll help you with the bags," Niall offered.

"Uh, alright," Louis laughed and looked at me confused but headed upstairs with Niall.

"What's going on?" I asked Zayn who was sitting on the sofa on his phone.

"Alright, bye," he hung up and looked back at me, "I asked Niall to go out with Louis tonight."

"Why exactly?" I asked.

He got up and motioned for me to follow him outside, so I did. We stood in the front entrance while he lit a cigarette.

"Dr Roberts is coming here tonight," he started, "I texted you and told you."

"You didn't say it was here," I said irritably, "Zayn, we don't allow anyone to come here. That was sorta a rule."

"Yeah, well, he's paying us £600 a piece," he looked back at me.

"He... he wants us both?" I asked quieter.

"Yeah, come on, it's not the first time he's asked for us both, you know that," he said, "it's only an hour or so, you'll survive."

I sighed as I lit my own cigarette. I wasn't too fond of this idea anymore. Sure, it had never bothered me before, but now it was different. Now, I had Louis.

"How was Doncaster?" He asked breaking my thoughts.

"Was fine," I replied, "had loads of fun actually. Can't wait to go back."

"Good," he nodded, "you needed a good break, Harry. And Darren stopped by this morning, too."

I shook my head and sighed, "alright, what time are we doing this tonight? So I can play along with Niall. Knowing Lou, he isn't gonna want to leave."

"Tell him the truth," Zayn replied.

"I... I already told him some," I admitted, "I left out the part about you."

"Not surprised," he smirked, "Harry, it's a job. He should know there's nothing between us."

"So, how'd you convince Niall?"

"You know Niall," Zayn laughed, "throw in some beer and he'll go."

I sighed and hit my cigarette again.