8

Bella
As soon as I got out of the car, I was bombarded by the energizing pixie. "oh Bella it's going to be so much fun. I will design All our gowns and suits. It will be perfect. " the rest of the family stood on the porch laughing. Liam caught her by the waist and laughed, "Ali give her time to breathe and come in before you terrorise her with your plans. " Alice hit his chest and pouted. I giggled and hugged my best friend. "it's ok Alice. I no longer run at the name of shopping. I have been trained well by Donna and Rachel. Not to mention Leah. " she smiled and squealed though I thought I saw a sad look pass through her eyes . I hugged her tight. "hey no one can rake your place Alice. Don't be sad. Ok pix??" she sobbed slightly and hugged me burying her face in my neck. I rubbed her cold shoulders and kissed her forehead since I was taller to her now. The family watched us with love. I moved to hug Emmett and rose and Liam and Carlisle and esme. I turned to my mates and kissed them softly. Jasper kissed my neck. "we missed you. " he whispered and Edward kissed my cheek. I smiled. "I missed you too "
We moved inside spending time with our family. "so how are the denalis? " I asked remembering the Cullens extended family. Everyone grimaced. "what? " I asked. "well they all are ok, Kate met her mate in Garrett, who is my old friend and Tanya met her mate in Caleb who was roaming with Garrett at that time. But irina.." Carlisle paused and I felt I wouldn't like what he was about to say.
He sighed and continued, "irina fell in love with Laurent but he just disappeared about a few years ago and since then she is a wreck. " I froze at that. Irina loved Laurent. Well shit!!

Edward

It was times like these when I wished I could read Bella's mind. Jasper's mind told me that Bella was feeling fear and recognition. She completely froze at Laurent's name. "we don't know what happened to him. " Carlisle finished. Bella took a deep breath and whispered. "I do."
"what? " Emmett asked. Bella looked at me and jasper ans Carlisle. "I know what happened to Laurent. He is.. He is.." "he is what Bella? " Liam asked her. She took a deep breath and said. "he is dead. " we stared at her in shock. "what? " we yelled. Bella flinched slightly and we immediately calmed down. "how do you know darlin'?" jasper asked raising her face to meet her eyes. I rubbed circles on her back encouraging her to speak. "because he was killed to keep me safe. " my hand froze as did jasper. "what? " Rosalie asked in shock. Bella sighed. "about four months after you left, I was trekking in the forest to search for our meadow," she said looking at me. I opened my mouth to scold her about going into the forest but she placed her hand on my mouth. "I know I know. But I needed to he somewhere that reminded me of us. I found it but collapsed under the grief of you not being there with me. " she sniffled and I dropped my head in shame. She ran her fingers through my hair and tried to raise my head. I allowed her to and she smiled kissing me softly. She continued placing her hand in jasper's. "I raised my head to come face to face with Laurent. Words were exchanged. He had come there as a favour to Victoria. But he was hungry. I tried to ward him off but he was determined. " by this time me and jasper were growling. The rest of my family, even esme and Carlisle, who are always so calm, had murderous expressions on their faces. Bella soothed the back of my and jasper's hand. "how did u escape Bella? " Rosalie bit out. Bella smiled and said. "just as he was about to lunge for me, I was saved by some friends. " we scrunched our faces confused. "friends? Bella a human wouldn't be able to fight and kill a vampire. " Liam said. Bella chuckled and smirked. "you are right Liam. But the wolves would be able to don't you think? "