Chapter 102

-

I stood over Maggie and Glenn's graves, my heart aching as I looked over to the baby's grave.

I closed my eyes, imagining if they were still here.

I fought the tears for the hundredth time this month and pulled my jacket together, feeling a cold breeze.

I turned around, bumping right into Enid.

"Shit." I gasped, putting a hand on my heart.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." She replied.

"It's okay." I replied.

"I miss them too." She stated.

"It's hard." I mumbled.

"Yeah." She replied.

"So has Carl pulled a move yet?" I asked, beginning to walk back down the street.

"No." She replied.

"He's a chicken." I replied.

"What did those people do to you?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Well, they hit me a few times and took me to their place. They were going to kill me, but I got Adam to bring me back here because I thought I was having a miscarriage." I answered.

"Is the baby okay?" She asked.

"I think so." I replied, sitting down on the porch steps.

-

"I have an idea. You'll go into the store, I'll stay out here and make sure no ones around. If I see anyone I'll shoot." Rosita stated.

"Okay." I replied, opening the car door.

"Do you hear that?" She asked.

I stayed quiet, hearing a motorcycle.

I quickly closed my door and started the car before driving over into the woods to hide.

I turned it off and grabbed my gun before slowly opening the car door.

"It's Adam." Rosita hissed, watching as Adam climbed off of the motorcycle.

"Is he alone?" I asked.

"I think so." She replied.

"Stay here and cover me if you have to." I ordered, getting out of the car.

"Be careful." She replied.

I nodded before walking out of the woods.

"Hey." I stated, gripping my pistol.

"You don't listen, do you?" He asked, turning around.

"You should know I don't." I replied.

"Listen to me. You have to stay away from this area. These people have no mercy, and kill with an empty conscious." Adam replied.