Chapter 29

-

"Hey, are you bipolar or something?" Carl asked after I snapped at his dad.

"No. Ever heard of a thing called a period?" I asked.

"Please stop." He replied, walking off.

"Jessie talked to me today." I mumbled, turning to face Rick.

"Did she?" He asked.

"I don't trust Ron. He's a little sick bastard. Why do you think he wants to learn how to shoot and fight?" I asked.

"He wants to learn. It's a good thing, everyone here needs to learn." He replied.

"You're a big dumbass." I replied.

"How?" He inquired.

"You killed his father, he's pissed at you, but he wants to learn how to fight and shoot. He's sucking up to you all of a sudden, and I call it bullshit." I replied.

"What are you trying to say?" He asked.

"He's going to kill you. But if I was in his position and someone killed my dad, I'd want to beat with their own game. I'd kill someone close to them, and then kill them. Make them feel the pain. Make sense?" I inquired.

"It does, but that's you. He's fifteen or something." He replied.

"I can't believe you can't realize this." I scoffed.

"I'll watch out, but you need to calm down." He replied, putting his hands on my hips.

"Okay." I mumbled.

"You're just being paranoid." He added.

"I'm not paranoid." I replied, walking into the living room.

-

"Carol, tell me something." I ordered.

"What?" She asked.

"Don't you think it's weird how Ron was pissed at Rick, and now he's sucking up to him and wanting to learn how to fight and shoot?" I asked.

"I was thinking the same." She replied.

"Thank you! Rick doesn't believe it, though." I replied.

"You'd think he would be the first to notice it." Carol mumbled.

"I saw him with Jessie this morning." I stated.

"What happened?" She inquired.

"She hugged him. I'm not mad, but I know what she's doing." I stated.

"Rick loves you, and the last thing he would do is hurt you." She replied.

"I know." I mumbled.

-

"Listen to me right now." I told Ron, trying to make him feel intimidated.

"Why should I?" He asked.

"Shut up. I know what you're trying to do, I'm not a fool." I replied, my voice low.

"What?" He asked.

"You know." I replied.

"I don't have to listen to you, you're not my mom." He fired back.

"Just know, if you try to hurt any of my family, I will not hesitate to kill you. That's a promise." I replied.

"Keep talking and I'll have you out of this place. No one wants someone in here that threatens to kill kids," He replied, making a pouty face.

"Do it." I dared.