Chapter 28

-

I wrapped the gauze around my wounded arm before taping it off and walking outside.

The chaos had some-what calmed down, but the Alexandrian's that were left, were scared shitless.

I stood by Maggie, thankful she was okay.

"If this is what life is like now, I'm not sure if I want to live." Someone stated.

"This is nothing compared to what is out there. If you're just going to give up over this, that's silly. If you want to stay alive, you have to fight. You have to. You can't be a coward." I replied.

"I thought we were safe in here." Ron mumbled.

"We are, but this isn't going to happen again. You're all going to learn how to fight, if you want to live." I replied.

"What if we don't want to fight?" Denise, the new doctor, asked.

"Well, if something like this happens again, you might not be so lucky." I replied.

-

"Rick," I sighed, watching as he walked into Alexandria.

He completely ignored me and walked down the street.

"Rick, talk to me." I ordered, walking behind him.

He walked into his house and I followed, watching as Carl greeted his dad.

"I'm going to get a shower." Rick stated before walking upstairs.

-

"Talk to me." I ordered, watching as he walked out of the bathroom, shirtless- may I add.

He walked over to the dresser and pulled out a shirt.

"I worried myself sick about you." I added.

"You look fine to me." He replied.

I rolled my eyes, watching as he pulled the shirt on.

"Do you love me?" I asked.

"I said it didn't I?" He fired back.

"You caught me off guard, and I was about to say it back but you ran off and I had to go." I replied.

"Why is this even a big deal?" He asked.

"Because you're making it that way." I stated.

He walked down the stairs and I followed, before walking to the door.

"Where are you going?" Carl asked.

"I'm going to see how Maggie's doing. I know she's worried to death." I replied.

"Can I come? I know how you were last night." Carl replied.

"You should probably stay here, unless you want to be around crying all night." I replied.

-

"Talk to me." Rick ordered, climbing on top of me.

"Get off." I replied, trying to push him off of the bed.

"Carl told me you actually worried yourself sick." Rick stated, grabbing my hands.

"So what?" I asked.

"I was being an ass." He replied.

"You realize it now." I scoffed.

"Look at me." He demanded, holding my arms down above my head.

"What?" I asked, his eyes meeting mine.

"I love you." He replied.

"I love you, too." I mumbled.

He pressed his lips against mine before laying down beside me.

-

"You can hear it." Aaron mumbled.

"Some of you saw it." He added.

"They got back here, half of them. Still enough to surround us 20 deep." He continued.

"Look, I know you're scared. You haven't seen anything like this. You haven't been through anything like this. But we're safe for now." I declared.

"The panel the truck hit seems intact. We reinforced it just in case. Either way, the wall's gonna hold together. Can you?" I asked.

"The others, they're gonna be back." Rick added.

"They're gonna be back." Maggie chimed in.

"Daryl, Abraham, Sasha, they have vehicles. They're gonna lead 'em away, just like the others." Rick added.

"And Glenn and Nicholas are gonna walk back through the front gate after." I replied, placing a hand on Maggie's back.

"They know what they're doing, and we know what we need to do." Rick added.

"What do we do?" Denise asked.

"We keep noise to a minimum, pull our blinds at night. Even better, keep the lights out." I answered.

"We'll try to make this place as quiet as a graveyard, see if they move on." Rick replied.

"This place is a graveyard." Denise mumbled.

"The quarry broke open and those walkers were heading this way. All of them." Aaron declared.

"The plan that Rick put into place stopped that from happening." He added.

"He got half of them away." Tobin chimed in.

"Would you rather be swarmed with the other half?" I snapped, shutting him up.

"I was out there recruiting with Daryl. I wanted to try to get into a cannery and scavenge, and Daryl wanted to keep looking for people." Aaron continued.

"We did what I wanted and we wound up in a trap set by those people.
And I lost my pack.
They must've followed our tracks.
Those people who attacked us they found their way back here because of me." Aaron added.

I looked to Deanna who began walking away.

"Deanna," Tobin called after her but she just ignored him.

_________________

i hate being sick oml

LIKE I COULDNT SWALLOW ANYTHING YESTERDAY AND IT WAS THANKSGIVING

like wow what did I do that was so bad that I couldn't eat a delicious thanksgiving dinner

Did y'all have a good thanksgiving?

I LOVE U