Chapter 33

-

"You're around three months." Carol mumbled.

I nodded, slowly sitting down by Maggie on the couch.

"So am I.." Maggie stated.

I looked at Carol, finding her reaction amusing.

"Rick's going to be so happy!" Carol exclaimed.

I looked to the floor, my heart aching before I tried to push the concept to the back of my mind for a little while.

"Congrats to you both." Carol replied.

-

My eyes flew open as I felt something hit my back.

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed, Rick's blue eyes staring into mine.

I ran across the hall to get Denise before getting Carl and Judith.

"What's the community you're at?" Denise asked Rick, making sure he still had his memory.

"Alexandria." He mumbled.

"Do you need water?" I asked.

He nodded and I ran down the steps, into the kitchen.

With a glass of water in my hand, I made my way back upstairs to Rick.

"Good. What's your baby's name?" Denise inquired as I helped Rick drink some water.

"Judith." He answered.

"You've been out for three weeks and a day." Denise informed him after checking his vitals.

"What?" He asked.

"You went into a coma." She replied.

Carl gently hugged his dad before I sat Judith down on the bed next to him.

Carl nudged my arm and gave me a weird look before returning to his normal self.

"What?" I whispered.

"Are you going to tell him?" Carl asked. 

Luckily, Denise and Rick weren't paying attention and didn't hear anything.

"Not yet." I whispered.

"Now, you two need to listen very carefully." Denise stated, turning to look at Carl and I.

"What?" I asked.

"Don't put too much pressure or stress on him stress, and don't irritate him." She replied.

"And you," Denise pointed at me before continuing, "Get some sleep and start eating better." She replied.

I nodded, watching her re-check Rick again before walking to the door.

"You can get a shower tomorrow if you'd like, but you can not do anything extreme. Don't run, don't have sex, don't lift anything above five pounds, don't drive, and don't even leave this house until I say you can." Denise told Rick.

"I'll stay two more days, and if you're doing better, I'll go back home." Denise declared.

I nodded my head before sitting down on the bed beside Carl and Judith.

Rick raised up so his back was against the headboard before pulling Judith into his lap.

"What did I say?" Denise asked, her hands on her hips.