Chapter 78

-

"Heaven help a fool who falls in love"

—Ophelia by The Lumineers

___

"I can't believe he did that." Tara spat, sitting down on the bed I'm laying on.

I shrugged my shoulders as I leaned my head back on the headboard.

"You don't care?" She asked.

"Of course I care. It hurts like a bitch, almost just as bad as my leg." I replied.

"That's a slap in the face to you. How could he do that? I don't understand." Tara groaned.

"He sure had me fooled. I thought we were the best we'd been, but I was wrong." I mumbled.

"Don't worry about it right now, just try to rest." She replied.

I nodded before resting my head on the pillow.

-

"Sam," Tara whispered, poking my arm.

"What?" I mumbled, my eyes opening.

"I gotta go help Rosita and Abraham, but I'll be right back." She replied.

I nodded, raising up.

"Oh yeah, I found you some crutches." She added, pulling on her jacket.

I watched as she left the room before I slowly stood up.

I picked up the crutches that were leaned against the wall before I started using them.

I began walking around the room and throwing my shït on the bed to pack up.

I wasn't going to live here with him.

I peeked out of the window, finding people in black outfits holding my people and taking them into the church.

I tilted my head to the side, watching as they boarded up the windows from outside.

I put some weight on my leg before realizing I could walk, it just didn't feel good.

I quickly threw my crutches to the side before walking as fast as I could upstairs.

I couldn't make myself noticed or it'd ruin the entire plan.

I glanced in the mirror, finding that I already had black skinny jeans on and a black shirt before I found a black leather jacket and pulled it on.

Remembering they all had masks on like the intruders at the hospital, I found the one I had used before pulling it on

I loaded up my pistol and AK47 before putting extra ammo in my holster around my good thigh.