Chapter 55

-

I held my pistol up to Amber's head, the barrel against her temple.

"Please," She begged, "Please don't shoot me."

"Where's Judith?" Rick asked, his voice low and actually scary.

"I told you! I don't have her!" Amber screamed.

"Bullshit." I snapped.

"If you don't have her, then John has her, doesn't he?" Rick asked, tilting his head to the side.

"He's planning to bury her alive." She cried.

"Where?" Rick asked.

"You won't find her." Amber laughed.

I pulled the hammer pack on my pistol and pushed my pistol harder against her head.

"I'm going to ask you one more time. Tell me where she is or we will kill you." Rick replied.

She laughed again so I shot the gun beside her head, causing her to shut up.

"Next time you'll feel it." I mumbled, pressing the barrel against her head again.

"Do you know where Carl is? You assume he's here- safe. Newsflash! He's with Judith and John, too." Amber replied.

"Where?" Rick asked.

She began laughing again, "You actually think I'm going to tell you?" She asked.

I aimed my pistol at her leg before shooting, watching blood splatter as she fell onto the ground.

She screamed out, holding her leg as she rolled over.

I kneeled down beside her, harshly grabbing her gunshot wound.

"This is your last chance. Tell me where they are or I'll shoot every part of your body until you speak." I stated.

"They're probably already being buried alive as we speak. You won't find them in time. They're breathing their last breaths, gasping for air, wondering when their daddy is gonna save them and be the hero of the da--"

I shot her other leg and cut her off from speaking, and was oddly satisfied by her screams.

"They're at the huge field with all of the windmills!" She screamed.

I looked to Rick who looked back at me.

"Daryl, get her in the truck. She's coming with us." Rick ordered.

Daryl and Rick dragged her towards the truck before pushing her into the backseat.

Daryl tied her wrists and ankles together before shutting the door.

"If y'all don't come back in thirty minutes, we'll come lookin'." Daryl stated.

I nodded, getting in the passenger seat.

"If either of them are hurt, I won't hesitate to kill you." I told Amber, turning around in my seat.

Sweat and tears rolled down her face before resting back in the seat.

Less than five minutes later we arrived at the field, finding three huge windmills scattered across it.

"Over there." Rick mumbled, pointing over to the left side of the field.

We got out of the truck before getting Amber and dragging her with us.

"You go first, I'll watch your back. Take her with you to distract him," Rick instructed.

I nodded, glancing across the field where John was walking.

"Hey, John!" I yelled, pushing Amber in front of me.

I watched as he froze before slowly turning around as we got closer.

"John, let them go!" Amber ordered.

"Too late now." He replied, raising his pistol.

I quickly wrapped my arm around Amber's neck and put my pistol up to her temple again.

"John, please." She begged.

I watched as Rick slowly came up behind John, and Amber screamed out again once I pulled the hammer back.

"Where are they?" I asked.

"Heaven, I hope." John replied, a sick smile crossing his lips.

My heart jumped to my throat, and I wanted to throw up.

Rick quickly grabbed his arm and took his weapons before throwing him to the ground, and punching him over and over.

"Rick," I mumbled.

We didn't need to kill him yet. He's the only one that knows where Carl and Judith is.

"I'm sorry." Amber cried, bringing her hand up to where I had the pistol.

I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what the hell she was doing.

I loosened my arm from around her neck, watching her finger wrap around the trigger and pull it.

I flinched, the gunshot ringing out as she fell to the ground.

I stepped back, dropping my pistol.

"Where are they?" Rick yelled, grabbing John by the collar of the shirt, completely ignoring what just happened.

I clicked back to earth, remembering that we were here to find Carl and Judith.

"They're not here." He replied.

I slowly bent over and picked up my pistol before walking over to where Rick and John were.

-

I leaned my head against the window, feeling completely empty.

We couldn't find a trace of Carl and Judith, and we looked for hours.

Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, and Michonne even came and none of us could find anything.

I brought my shaky hand up to tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"We'll find them." Rick stated.

"Carl knows how to survive. If he has her, she's in good hands." He added.

"They're kids, Rick. They're by theirselves, scared shitless. I'm a grown woman and I'm scared to be in the damn dark at Alexandria." I replied.

"Why are you being so negative? They're alive." He replied.

"They're like my own, and I'm worried and it's all I'm thinking about." I replied.

"I'm worried sick, but I'm trying to stay fucking positive here. You're not helping." He replied.

I ignored him and leaned my head against the window again.

"The best thing we can do right now is be positive, stick together, and look for them. I'm sorry I snapped at you." He mumbled.

"It's okay." I mumbled.

_____________________

#SaveCoral
#SaveJudy

I'm so sleeeeepy ugh

BUT YAY FOR DOUBLE UPDATE!!

S/O to thewalkingdead3368 bc she gave me a shoutout. Thanks boo, you're story is great :*

BTW CAN I JUST SAY ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE SO FREAKING CUTE AND FUNNY AND SWEET AND I LOVE YOU