Chapter 87

WARNINGS: triggers, rape, abuse

-

I stormed upstairs away from Rick, and flopped down on my bed.

I raised up, feeling extremely out of breath and my lungs weren't getting enough air.

I walked downstairs, finding that Rick had left and I was alone in the house.

I leaned up against the wall, feeling extremely out of breath.

"Hey, Tara said she needs your help real quick." Adam stated, walking into the house.

"Okay," I mumbled, finding it harder to breathe.

"Are you okay?" He asked, grabbing my arm.

"I can't breathe." I replied, gasping for air.

"Shit." He cursed, picking me up and running out of the house with me in his arms.

"What happened?" Denise asked, as Adam ran into the infirmary with me.

"I walked in to tell her that Tara needed her and she wasn't breathing well, and now she can't breathe at all." Adam explained as he laid me down on the table.

"What's wrong with her?!" I heard Rick yell as Denise shined a light in my eyes before putting an inhaler in my mouth.

After almost passing out, I gasped as two puffs of the inhaler entered my lungs.

"She's breathing." Denise declared.

"You got her here just in time." Denise told Adam as he sat down in the chair closest to the wall.

"What happened?" Rick asked again.

"I just couldn't breathe." I replied.

"Can both of you leave for a few minutes?" Denise asked Adam and Rick.

They both left while Denise pulled the curtain.

"Tara told me about you taking too many Xanax. I didn't give them to you so you could abuse them." She replied, crossing her arms.

"I'm not abusing them, they are helping me." I replied, watching as she hooked up oxygen.

"I told you to take one a day. How many did you take last night?" She asked.

"Ten or so." I answered, the oxygen helping me tremendously.

"If you're doing this because of what happened between you and Rick, that's stupid. It's his loss, not yours. You can't keep doing this, it's going to get ahold of you." She replied.

"Fine, I'll go get the damn pills right now and bring them back to you. Don't try helping me when I'm having anxiety attacks." I snapped.

"Sam, you can keep them, but only one a day." She ordered.

I shook my head before pulling the tubes off of me and standing up.

"Sam!" Denise yelled.

I stormed out of the infirmary and down the street to my house.