Chapter 48

yes she's a goddess

-

"Come swim with us!" Tara yelled, nearly knocking me down as I walked out onto the beach.

"No, it's cold." I replied.

"Only for like a minute." Carl replied.

"Fine." I mumbled, pulling my shirt off.

"Rick, don't you miss this?" Tara yelled, pointing to me.

I pushed her before stepping into the water.

"Shit." I cursed, the cold water sending chills all over my body.

I screamed, Rick pushing me into the water.

"You son of a bitch!" I yelled, splashing water up on him.

"Oh, be still my heart." Tara teased, placing her hands on her chest.

-

I dusted the sand off of my jeans the best I could after standing up.

"Wait." Rick replied, standing up and catching up with me.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you wanna go to the lighthouse with me?" He asked.

"Sure." I replied.

Once we reached it, he made me go first up the long flight of stairs.

"No, you go first." I replied.

"No. I want the view." He replied from behind me.

"What view? It's almost pitch black dark in here.

"Not where I am." He laughed.

I narrowed my eyes before turning around and grabbing his arm.

"You go first." I replied.

-

"Rick, stop being a dipshit and open the door." I ordered.

"Woah." I mumbled, walking out onto the top of the lighthouse which really didn't light anymore.

The sunset was beautiful from down there, but even more beautiful from here.

"I can't believe that there's still beautiful things like this in a world so ugly." I stated.

"Me neither." He replied, his head turned to face me.

I looked at the house, watching everyone hang around outside and they looked so happy.

It was like we escaped the world for a few days..

"Rick, you copy?" Aaron's voice rang through Rick's walkie talkie, his voice sounding alarmed.

"Yeah, what's up?" Rick replied, holding down the button.

"Six of our people are shot. We need you and Sam to get back here as soon as possible. Bring Carol, Daryl, Maggie, and Glenn." He replied.

"We're on our way." Rick replied before I ran down the stairs as fast as I could.

"Go get them, I'll get the truck." Rick ordered once we were back on the ground.

I nodded before running off toward the beach house.

"Six of our people have been shot back at Alexandria. Aaron needs me, Rick, Carol, Daryl, Maggie, and Glenn back there as soon as possible." I explained once I reached everyone outside the house.

"Gotcha." Carol replied.

"You got a walkie talkie?" I asked Tara.

"Yeah." She answered.

"We'll communicate through that." I replied.

"I'll watch the kids." Rosita announced.

I nodded before Maggie, Carol, Glenn, and Daryl got their things and we met Rick by the truck.

Daryl rode in the back of the truck while everyone else was inside.

-

I looked at Rick once he seen Amber nearly lifeless on one of the many beds.

"How'd it happen?" I asked Aaron.

"Two shooters came in, shot the first six people they seen before they killed their self. It was strange." He answered.

"Four more to go." Denise mumbled, already helping two of the victims.

"There's no pulse!" Denise declared, moving on to Amber who was lifeless on the bed.

"What are you doing? Give her CPR!" I snapped.

"Oh my God." Denise groaned, another victim choking on his own blood.

I looked to Rick who was looking at Amber, and then to Denise who was helping the one who was dying in his own blood.

I circled the bed and began giving Amber CPR, even if it was the last thing I wanted to do.

"She's dead!" Denise yelled.

There was blood all over the room, everyone's anxiety was sky high, and it was like a war happened.

"We have to try!" I yelled, continuing to give her CPR.

I sighed, Amber beginning to cough.

"Now, stop the bleeding." I ordered Denise.

"You have to do it, I can't work on all of them at once!" She shouted.

"We can't let them die!" I yelled.

"We have to cauterize it. The bullet went through, so that's good." I mumbled.

I held my knife over a fire that was already made when I got here- to cauterize the wounds.

After a few seconds I walked back over to Amber and instructed Rick to hold her down in case she was still alert.

I bit my lip before pressing my hot knife on her stomach- where the gunshot wound is.

After cauterizing the wound, I quickly began stitching it up.

"How much blood did she lose?" I asked Denise.

"A pretty good lot." She replied, working on the young boy on the bed.

"Do you know what blood type she is?" I inquired.

"No, but she needs blood or else it might not build back up by itself." She replied.

"Okay, I'll do it." I replied.

"Stop," Rick ordered, grabbing my arm.

"Why?" I asked.

"You're killing yourself trying to save someone that you think means a lot to me." He replied.

"It's not only that. I know we aren't the nicest to each other, but this can be her chance to change." I replied.

He let go of my arm before I found a vein in my arm and began giving her my blood through an IV.

__________________

well

I'll try updating again today if my brain cooperates :)