Chapter 57

-

I ran into the small shack, actually surprised at how clean and nice it was inside.

I ran into the hall, hearing sobs and screams from one of the rooms.

I raised my gun and opened the door, finding Judith crying her eyes out in a crib.

"Judith," I breathed, running to her.

Once her eyes landed on me she pointed to her stomach.

"Tummy." She muttered, still sobbing.

I raised her shirt, finding nothing but figured she was probably starved.

"Where's Carl?" I asked, picking her up.

"He went bye-bye." She replied.

"Do you know where?" I inquired.

"He been gone forever." She replied, her eyes wide.

"We've been looking for you, baby." I replied, gently squeezing her in a hug.

"You hungry?" I inquired.

"Yes." She replied.

-

I walked up the porch steps of the house, Tara immediately greeting me and Judith.

"Carl wasn't there. I heard screams from inside the shack, there was a nursery and Carl had been there. He didn't make it back, wherever he went," I explained.

"Care to fix her something to eat? She's starved." I added.

"Yeah. Rick's gonna be so happy to see her! Go wake him up." She ordered.

I nodded, Judith resting her head on my chest as I walked up the stairs.

"Daddy!" Judith squealed once I walked into his room and found him asleep.

He immediately rose up, a smile crossing his lips as he jumped up from the bed.

"You should've came." I smirked, Judith squirming out of my arms and into her daddy's.

"Where's Carl?" He asked.

"She said he went 'bye bye' and that he'd been gone 'forever'. He was there, though. I found empty chip bags, and she's hungry." I replied.

I watched as tears pooled around his eyes as Judith pulled his beard.

He held her close to him before we all walked back downstairs.

"I find it weird that he left her. He would never leave her." I replied.

"Where'd you find her?" Rick asked.

"In a shack. It was pretty nice inside, though." I replied.

"Sorry, Judy. Your macaroni and cheese will be done in a minute." Tara stated.

"Carl could've got lost." I mumbled.

"We'll find him." Tara declared.

I nodded and pulled myself up on the kitchen island.

"Sam, you okay?" Tara asked, turning to face me.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I inquired.

"You looked like you were about to pass out." She replied.

I shrugged my shoulders, watching as Rick helped feed Judith.

"How long were you out there?" Tara asked.

"I woke up at five and I just got back so,  about fifteen hours." I replied.

-

"You're going back out again?" Maggie asked, strapping a holster around her thigh.

"Yup. Gotta find my boy." I replied, making sure my pistol was loaded.

"How have you not passed out yet?" She asked, getting in the back of the truck.

"I don't know." I replied, getting in behind her.

"Our best bet is going back to where Sam found Judith." Rick declared, getting in the passenger seat while Glenn got stuck with driving.

-

"I never got to thank you." Rick stated, walking into the shack behind me.

"You don't have to." I replied.

"I do." He replied.

I walked down the hall, a man jumping out and grabbing me.

He turned me so my back was facing him before putting a knife against my throat.

"Put your weapon down and turn around." He ordered Rick.

"Why should I?" Rick asked, pulling the hammer back on his Python.

"If you want your son and precious girl to survive, I suggest you turn around and walk out of here right now." The man ordered.

"Where's my son?" Rick asked, his eyes narrowed as he stepped forward.

The knife pressed further into my throat, and I feared that it would slice my neck open.

"Oh, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. You will never know." The man replied.

I wrapped my hand around his arm, trying to get the pressure off my throat.

"Let her go!" Maggie yelled, now beside Glenn who both had their guns raised at the guy who had the knife on my throat.

"If you shoot, this knife is cutting all the way through her throat. It wouldn't be your best decision to do that." He replied.

"Now, if you want this to go nice and smooth, please leave. I showed mercy on your baby, only because they're annoying." He continued.

I looked to Rick who glanced to me before taking a few steps back.

"Take her weapons, she won't be needing them." The guy replied.

Rick stepped forward before taking my pistol out of my thigh holster before taking my knives, but leaving the pocketknife in jacket pocket.

I gripped the man's arm before swinging my foot back and kicking him as hard as I could in the balls.

He let go, the knife nearly cutting me.

Rick quickly shot him, but not to kill. We needed him to find Carl.

Rick gave me my pistol back before tying the man's wrists together and searching him for weapons.

"You kicked him so hard you made mine hurt." Glenn stated.

I laughed before patting his shoulder.

______________________

i got choked on peanut butter, like I for real couldn't breathe and I couldn't swallow and it was so scary

don't eat a tablespoon of peanut butter at once when your mouth is dry #TipsWithNessa

LOVE YA