Chapter Forty-Seven

Start from the beginning

I managed to sigh and focus my eyes back on the wet roads, wondering what we were getting ourselves into.

"So, you're going to try and protect him from being killed," Louis spoke up, "and yet, you say you're not protecting him..."

"It's murder," I almost shouted again, "I..."

"Harry, shut the fuck up," Louis yelled over me, "if they murder him, what the fuck does it matter?! You're not involved!"

I didn't say another word... until we had arrived on a familiar street in Peckham... my eyes darting around the empty spaces in front of his flat.

"Where are they?" I asked.

Zayn was checking his pistol beside me before glancing back up at the flat, "maybe they've already come and gone... or haven't made it yet."

"Or maybe they're waiting on Harry," Louis said seriously, "maybe you're walking into a trap again and your mind is too fucking clouded to see that."

I glared back at him, then stepped out of the car slowly, Zayn right behind me.

"Can anyone see your car?" I whispered to him.

Zayn shook his head as we kept walking. Louis followed slowly until we had stopped at the back door... it was unlocked.

Zayn told me to step back and he opened it slowly, glancing around inside... the house was trashed... again. And there was no sign of Darren.

"Where else would they be?" I asked Zayn quietly.

He turned back to me, "Harry, Louis is right... you don't need to do this..."

Louis crossed his arms and sighed as his eyes glanced around the streets outside.

"Maybe I need closure," I told Zayn quietly, "maybe I need to say a few things to him before I just allow him to die."

"You're not one for revenge, remember?" Zayn asked me softly, "you're angry, I know, Harry... but if they get away with it... you don't have to worry about him anymore..."

"You knew he wouldn't be here," I said suddenly, it dawning on me that he had known all along. "You knew he would be somewhere else..."

"I did," Zayn nodded at me, "and I didn't tell you because I didn't want you getting hurt."

I shook my head and ran my hands through my hair, "where is he, then?"

"I'm not telling you," Zayn mumbled. "Alright? Those guys are doing us a favor..."

"Did you set this up?" I almost shouted at him.

"Harry," Louis started from behind me.

"No, don't!" I turned and yelled to him, "I can't believe you'd do this... you wanted him killed so you just made some phone calls?!"

Zayn didn't say anything... I took his keys and hurried back out to the car, both of them chasing after me.

"Harry!"

"Don't," I told them, "just don't!"

I climbed in the car and took off quickly up the street, having a pretty good idea where they were.