62

March 1st

I looked at myself in the mirror with a tissue in my hand

I looked at myself in the mirror with a tissue in my hand. I didn't bother doing my make up. I put on my shoes then sat on my bed and stared at the floor.
The door opened.
"Let's go sweetheart." Kate smiled softly.
I nodded getting up as I grabbed my phone.

We had to stay in a hotel for a few days to stay for Megan's funeral.

I went to the other half of the room which was halfed by a door. Chandler and Chris stayed in there with separate beds.
I opened the door and saw Chandler sitting against the bed just staring blankly as tears kept falling. He had a piece of paper in his hand.

"Come on.." I smiled softly.
He shook his head and I walked over to him and helped him up. I wrapped him into a hug and he just cried.

I rubbed his back softly and cuddled closer

I rubbed his back softly and cuddled closer. He kissed my head and pulled away.
"You got this, okay?" I smiled wiping his tears and moving his hair out of his face.
He smiled at me then soon nodded after.

We walked out of the hotel and went out the door with Kate and Chris. We got in the car then went to the church.
I looked out the window and saw everyone in black. I knew I would end up leaving a mess from this church.

We got out of the car and I held Chandlers hand. He smiled at me with teary eyes.
"You got this...remember?" I mouthed.
He nodded and kissed my head.
We walked in then sat down in the front.

A casket laid infront of us on the stage. A picture of her was beside it with tons of flowers.
I looked at my feet as I laid my head on chandlers shoulder and he squeezed my hand.
I kissed his cheek secretly and he smiled softly.

A priest came in and we all listened to him.
"We're gathered here today to celebrate the life of Megan Roth." He said into the microphone.
"She was a special young women who was very caring." He smiled.
I looked down at my feet once again as my heart shattered.

He kept talking but I just didn't wanna hear it.

I was extremely sad and Chandler was worse.

Kate and Chris kept on sniffing and they were holding hands.
"Now we're gonna hear from..." He looked at Chandler.
"Her foster son." He smiled.
Labels
Chandler looked at me.

"You got this." I whispered.
He smiled at me as he walked up there. The priest patted his back and sat down next to Megan's parents.
I sat closer to Kate and listened.
"Most of you know how I knew Megan." Chandler said looking down at the paper.

"I was in a rough family. Abusive.." He whispered the last part.
"But I was saved after so many years by someone special to me.." He smiled and looked at me.
I smiled.
"Megan took me in as her own. I felt loved and wanted for the first time since I was born it felt like." He laughed softly wiping his eyes.

"Megan treated me like she would her own son. She cared for me, made sure I didn't do anything wrong, helped me with school, homework. What Moms are supposed to do." He said.
"I felt like I actually had a Mom who loved me and meant it when she said it." He smiled.

"Megan would've been an incredible Mom to me when it was official." He smiled.
I wiped my eyes looking down.
"And Megan if your listening to this.." He smiled looking up.
"Just know that you were an amazing Mom to me and I love you so much. I never got to thank you." He shook his head.

"So thank you." He smiled.
The sun shined in and I shook my head as I cried silently.
Chandler smiled at the window then looked at me.
He laughed and shook his head and came and sat back down.

He held my hand as I cried into his shoulder quietly. He rubbed my hand with his thumb.

Megan's Mom and Dad talked and tons of her friends.
Chandlers speech just got to me the most somehow.

And I think it's because I understood what he was going through...

I'm not sure.