29

December 23rd
2:43am

"I can't believe you."

"Fuck off Mom."

"Oh really? It's your damn fault for not getting away from him."

"I'm never coming back there."

"I'm in love with a very fucking special girl that makes me happier than you or Dad ever did."

"So no I'm never coming back there. Bye Mom."

Bang

I jumped, shooting my eyes open. My heart was beating out of my chest as I sat up.

"Chandler.." I whispered, squinting my eyes at the lamp.

"Sam? I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up." Chandler sighed.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I looked to see that my Mom wasn't in our room anymore. While my Mom tries to find us a permanent place, we rented an air b&b for a few days.

Chandler and I were supposed to sleep in separate bedrooms but somehow it didn't end up that way. We always found each other again.

"Hey come here.." I mumbled.

He sighed, sitting across from me on the bed. I looked at him softly, letting my eyes adjust. His eyes were all red and puffy.

"Have you been crying?" I frowned.

He shrugged, not wanting to admit it.

"My Mom was wondering where I was..." He sighed. "She wanted me home."

I stared at him as he shut his eyes.

He was devastated.

"Chandler please don't tell me..." I mumbled.

"I told her I couldn't go back home, she cried and blamed it all on me Sam." He shook his head.

"No Chandler-" I shook my head.

"She told me my dad beat me for being the way that I am and that I'm a disappointment to them both for leaving." He told me, shaking his head.

His hands started to shake as he bit his lip and looked up at the ceiling.

"I told her to fuck off. I told her I wasn't coming back." He admitted to me.

He was trying so hard not to break in front of me.

"I'm so damn proud of you Chandler, I know it was so hard but-"

He broke down mid sentence causing me to stop talking. It was the first time he had ever cried like this infront of me. He covered his face as he just sat there breaking by the second.

I wrapped my arms around him fully and rubbed his back. I tried to give all of the love that I had to this boy.

"My Mom is awful. My Dad abused her forever and he stopped for a while. I was eleven when it first happened." He gripped the bottom of my shirt and then let me go.

"He started hitting me once I came home with a C in math. He stopped going after my mom though, so that was all that I cared about." He shook his head.

"Chandler you don't need too-"

"I want too." He nodded, swallowing hard.

"It started with yelling at first. I was yelled at for things that I was not supposed to do, he yelled at me and hit my Mom. Then it got worse. He started screaming and hitting the walls or throwing things." He sighed.

"He started screaming things like he wishes I wasn't his son or he wished I was a better person-"

His voice cracked and I shook my head.

"Chandler I get it. You don't need too." I smiled softly.

He breathed out.

I knew what the story was leading too. He was just a boy that was abused. It started emotionally then moved on to physically.

It broke me to see him this way and to hear about it. I couldn't fix it.

"I just can't handle going back. My Mom said she's not leaving him even if I won't come back because I'm a piece of shit." He shook his head, fiddling with the bottom of my shorts.

"I'm never going to leave you." I shook my head.

He looked up at me with so much hope and love.

"I won't leave you." He shook his head as another tear fell.

I grabbed him quickly and pulled him close. I hugged the hell out of him just praying and hoping he knew how much I loved him.

God I loved him, so much.