10.31.17

Danny's Point of View

A rain drop falls on my head. I frown. My entire body is freezing. The wind is blowing all around us, making me colder. This is not what I had in mind for Halloween. 

First off, I hadn't planned on my girlfriend being half dead at this time. She was supposed to be here with me, laughing at my complaints and pointing out all the decorations. Secondly, I didn't expect her heart to almost stop beating while in that coma, making my day even worse. And third, I'm dying because of the cold and it's probably going to start snowing soon. 

"God, it's freezing."

"Danny, it's like the fiftieth time you've said that. I get that it's cold, but stop complaining. We're supposed to be having fun." Missy snaps back at me.

Anger boils inside me, but I push it down. "I'm sorry I'm not having the greatest time right now. My girlfriend almost died today. Do you know how horrifying that is?"

Missy stops walking and turns to look at me. "Who the hell do you think you are?" I stare at her in confusion. "Julie matters to us too, did you ever happen to think of that? I have to go through every day pretending everything's alright but you get to just scream at people and lash out at everyone that mentions Julie and it is all okay because you're merely grieving. Do you know how much I miss her? Do you not understand that the three of us were like her sisters?" 

Her voice cracks and I can see tears forming in her eyes. "I know exactly what you're going through and I know it sucks so stop acting like you're the only one going through it." She walks briskly away and I stand frozen in my spot with shock. Andra runs after her, and Amy looks at me with disgust before running away too.

Great. Another thing ruining this day. I hang my head in shame as snow starts to fall. I just got in a fight with one of the only people who knows what I'm going through. I start walking briskly, heading home. Hopefully tomorrow I can apologize to them and fix my mistake.