Chapter XIII- When She's Scared Of Him

Dedicating this to pmgayles. Thank you for the encouragement through votes and comments.

Please enjoy the chapter. Comment and vote.

*Lydia's PoV*

I squeeze myself to the car door, always looking outside to not come across the annoying gaze of that person that calls himself Alpha.

But he ignored me the whole way long, didn't say a word. No threats no nothing. Truth is that I was and still scared. I was escorted right back to my room and I heard the door being locked from outside. I just look around and find myself staring at the spot everything happened.

That was awful- why would he bite me? I know I disobeyed him, but biting me was a bit too much.

I go in the bathroom and take a long hot shower, thinking, wondering where did the bite go over night. My heart races, things are getting bizarre every minute. I could ask Vanessa, but somehow I feel apprehensive about talking about it with anyone at all. I just want to disappear.

I close my eyes and let the water pour over my body, it felt good until a face comes in front of me and suddenly it shifts to a wolf, I jolt my eyes open and back to my senses. My heart promptly speeds inside my chest, I literally felt everything like a vivid memory in front of me.

I step out of the shower and try to have a look of my shoulder in the mirror. Where was the bite is now a tattoo!

I feel tears sliding down my cheeks. I was never more scared in my life. What does this mean!

I dress up quickly and get under the sheets trying to sleep and never wake up again. But then someone knocks on my door. I wonder who it is? But whoever it is doesn't know that I'm locked up in here.

"Who is it?" I ask softly.

"It's me, Fabian." He says and I press my eyes closed. I don't want to see anyone now, mainly him. I need to digest this alone for a while. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm just tired, I have a headache." I say and pray that he buys it.

"Do you need something? A painkiller."

"I took one. Please, just let me rest." I say hoping that he finally goes away.

"Alright, I will leave you to rest. Hope you get well soon. Anything, I will be here. "

"You are most sweet, thank you." I say and put my ear to the door to hear his steps before I start kicking and punching the air.

Why did it had to happen now?

I hear another knock on the door, again.

"Fabian, I said-" I start.

"Alpha Derek waits for you in his room." A man Interrupts and I hear the door unlock.

"I open it and see a man towering over me, the same guy that left his job od pushing that wheelchair to me, I hate him. I pass by him and march right across to his room. I knock on the door and there he lays on his bed, I'm scared even to look at him and keep distance just in case he tries to bite me again.

"What are you standing there for?" he asked me and I stutter unable to say a single word. I look at him and sigh.

"I- you called me."

"Because you have daily duties and one of them is my physiotherapy." He replies. Why is he acting like nothing happened?

I just decide to play along and help him with the exercises. It doesn't look like he's going to apologise.

I try to not look at him because I know his eyes are pinning me. I just try to remember what the nurse thought me.

*Derek's PoV*

I couldn't help but watch her as she helps me with the physiotherapy. Her every expression and movement. You may wonder why I'm doing this, but not even I know. I always hated this useless sections. Lost the count of the nurses that passed through the horrible moments with me and I simply dismissed them. I never really liked anybody touching me, and remind me that I can't feel my legs. That I turned in a useless being. I know that all they have for me is no more than respect and gratitude. They accepted me as an Alpha even though I lost my wolf and all my supernatural abilities.

In her eyes looks like this is torture, but she doesn't know the good it does to me when she's near.

Things changed the day this girl came into the house, and I don't mean around, I mean in me.

The time I saw that wolf going to her with so much fury it awoke what was asleep inside me. I haven't been able to feel, ever since the war and that awful incident that left me like this. My wolf seemed to be dead inside me, but instead it was just dormant. Then came along my mate and destroyed me once for all by rejecting me.

I wanted her solely for me, but instead she seems to fancy some other man. I couldn't resist and hold back my jealous when saw her kissing Fabian.

Right when I wanted to say sorry for everything I have been putting her through and tell her that she shouldn't tame me, that I would give her all the protection and cherish she deserves. Instead I marked her, the rage that came out of me in that moment and my wolf that woke inside me and grew sympathy for her only drove me to bite her and mark her.

Regret grew in me as I watched her thrilled expression. What have I done?

How can I break such pure innocent girl like that? When she walked through that door, out it occurred to me that I should only let her go. This was a way too messed up world for her... I'm way too broken for her.

What? Will you just let her go now?

She doesn't belong to us? We were abandoned, rejected.

And she was our only hope.

*****

"you can go." I command and Lydia goes off running escorted by a guard that I put appointed for her and will stay by her door.

Fabian watches her go off the room suspicious.

"What do you want?" I ask him unwillingly.

"I heard that there were rogues somewhere in our territory." he mentions and I know what he just wants to go on about, but make myself unreadable.

"We were not informed of anything." He complains and I chuckle.

"And the problem was solved."

"we always took care of it. Why this sudden change? Derek, when are you getting over it!"

"when I feel like. If you don't have anything else to say. Please see yourself out." I demand and he looks at me for a while before starting to walk out.

"Fabian!" I call him back. "Stay away from the girl."

"Why do you even care about her?" He retorts.

"It's an order." I says and he turns on his feet unwillingly when I gesture for him to go.

*****

Thank you for the 2k+ reads and 190+ votes. Means a lot. Keep'em coming.