Chapter I- Sold!

Hullo. Halo. Hello. Alo. Ola. Moi Moi. Qoni Chi .... Trying to sound like an expert in language. Don't fool yourself *grins*

All Rights Reserved

Don't Copy or soft copy, for it's protected by law!

First chapter, hope you like it.

A pair of Stilettos echo in the corridor, and by the childish whine of a 19-year-old rebellious spoiled boy, I knew they were already home. I slip the novel back in the shelf, "Death in Nile by Agatha Christ." a classic. But Madam wouldn't be a bit happy seeing me go through her books.

-What are you doing in here? - Madam Chloe says. Just in case you ask, she is my aunt. My mother's very sister. But I call her madam, because she always hated my mother, hence she hates me. So I shall pay for everything my mother didn't pay in life.

- I, I- I stutter looking down to not meet her eyes since a lie was being manufactured in my mind. -I was cleaning, Madam. -

-But this looks filthy, just like you. - she says passing the hand on top of the desk. She observed her finger and scolded me with a single look.

-I was dusting the shelves, will be cleaning the desk in a while. - I say and she only steps closer to me pinning me with her eyes. I start shaking in my feet already feeling the tingling sharpness of her hand on my cheek even before she does anything.

For my surprise she opens a smile, enthusiastic. - You have no idea of the business we just closed, my precious thing. - She strokes my cheek softly.

-Business! - I exclaim.

-Yes. We are so happy that you are getting a birthday present this year. - she says making me look at her straight in the eyes. My birthday! The one I always commemorated alone, the one I would make a mud cake when a child and blow the paper candle I would draw.

-A birthday present! - I exclaim again. Something was very wrong. My birth is not until in another month.

-Yes, what so you think of a dress? Brand new dress. - she asks weirdly kind.

-That would be mostly kind of you, Madam. To what I owe such gift? I didn't even take part in the affair. - I say. You would ask me why I would be so excited about something everybody should have; well, I never had anything in my life for as long as I can remember.

-That's what you think, darling. - She says pinching my noise. -Join us in the living room after dinner. - she ordered, I could feel the disdain behind that smile.

She walks out of the room and I take the book back in my hands to finish the last page of the chapter I was reading. I went to school until I was 8, after that my mother died and I moved in this hell, oblivious to the world. I'm used to read since I was young and since I moved in this house, an old Dr. Seuss book was my company in the dark basement at night. Then I started stealing some comics from Steve, her son, to which I owe most of the beatings when a kid. Now I'm turning 18 in about a month.

Once I served dinner and did the dishes I join them in the living room, while they drunk some tea. They even told me to sit and served me tea. Chloe and Mr. Steven sat side by side creepily smiling at me.

-Can you guess why you are here? - she asks in small smile.

-It's my birthday and you want to give me a dress as birthday present. - I say in a low pitch.

-Come on, that's the least, Lydia. You will finally move out and be free. - she says very much enthusiastic. -You have just been sold to a very powerful and wealthy man. - she starts clapping like a maniac.

******

How do you like the first chapter? Please, vote and comment. :)