"I can't do this with you right now." I stand up on my feet. I begin walking towards our bedroom. I turn around to look at him, sitting on the edge of the couch, staring down at his hands. "Why are you so fucking selfish?"

He looks up at me in confusion. "What?"

"With everything that is going on, you have the audacity to question me on our relationship? You didn't come to the hospital to check on him. You didn't go to the police . . ."

"You want me to put my cousin in jail?" He asks in amazement. He acts like I just ask him to jump in a lake full of sharks. I mean, unless I missed something, his cousin is the one who shot Jason.

"Yes!" I scream at him.

He shakes his head, looking down at his hands. "I'm not doing that."

"I will. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to the police station."

"He already left Chicago."

I just stand there with tears in my eyes. "I'm moving out. I really don't want to have shit to do with you, until this baby is born. If it's yours, just pay support and we can come up with some type of visitation. I don't want to be with someone like you."

I see the tears fall from his eyes as he nods his head. "You're making me choose between my family and you, ma."

"I'm making you choose between the right and wrong thing to do. He shot my fucking best friend."

Cameron jumps up. "Your fucking husband!"

"It doesn't matter! He shot someone important to me, and you're over here acting like that shit is cool!"

"This shit doesn't have to do with that. You're using that as an excuse as to why you don't want to be with me. Jasmine told me everything already! You want to be with his ass." Cameron flings his arms as though Jason is standing next to me.

"It didn't matter, because I treated you like my man. I was faithful to your ass."

"You never gave me your heart!" Cameron screams out in frustration, scaring the shit out of me. "You always treated me like I'm your second choice. I tried to give you everything inside of me. You think that I have to deal with this type of shit in a relationship?"

"I am not about to argue about us. I don't care about us." I say through clenched teeth.

Cameron stands a few feet in front of me with sadness in his eyes. "So what now? You're moving out?"

"Yes."

Cameron nods his head and walks away from me, heading towards the basement. I stand there for a couple more minutes, wishing that I would have just went to my house. I knew that we were going to argue. Honestly, when I came home, I didn't know what will happen between us. The thing that put me over this whole relationship, was him saying that he is not going to turn Marcus in. Anyone that could watch someone shoot someone and walk away, is someone that I don't want in my corner.

*****

I sit in the hospital chair, staring at Jason. I've only been back in his room for about an hour now. When I went home last night. I took a shower and wanted to lay down for an hour. Well, I end up sleeping for hours. As soon as I got up this morning at seven, I rushed out the door to get back to his side.

A knock at the door startles me, and I sit up in the chair. A couple men in suits walk into the room with stern looks on their faces. I immediately stand up and try to smile at them, but their presence is intimidating as hell. One holds his hand out for me to shake, and I grab it giving it a light shake.

"I'm detective Williams and you must be the victim's wife, Melissa Scott?"

"Um . . . Yes." I fall back in my seat, eyeing both of them. The other detective stands back, looking around the room.