"He will." She rubs my back.

"He has to go through surgery, and he's in a coma . . . Damn." I break down all the way and fall to my knees, looking down at the ground. "I rather it be me, than him. I will give him my last breath any . . . any day." My shoulders shake as I let my tears fall freely.

"Baby, get up." I don't look up at the sound of my mother's voice. "Jason wouldn't want - - -"

"Jason wouldn't what?" I scream, looking up at her. My face is entirely wet from the tears that I just cried. My vision is completely blurry. I really don't understand how I'm not all cried out. "He's in a coma!"

"Melly . . ." My momma kneels down in front of me and pulls me into her arms.

I sob quietly in her arms with my eyes closed. I would give anything at this moment to hear Jason call me Melly baby right at this exact moment.

*****

He grabs my hand as we walk up my steps. I pull out my keys from my purse, and a nervous feeling comes over my body. I look at him briefly as he lets go of my hand and puts his arms around my waist. I close my eyes just as his lips touch mine. My keys falls to the ground as his tongue lingers in my mouth. I put my arms around his neck, while he has me pinned up against the front door. He breaks the kiss and hugs me tightly. We stand there, holding each other. I rub his head and smile at him as he looks at my face.

"I'm okay, Jay baby. Thanks."

He nods and leans over to pick my keys up. He hands me my keys. I smile taking them from him. I open my front door feeling his eyes on me. I open the door and turn around to him still standing on the porch.

"Night, Melly baby."

"Night, Jay baby."

I walk in and stand by my door, wanting to invite him in. He smiles at me and winks, and I wink back at him. With that, he is walking back to his car. I watch him get in his car and pull off. I close my front door and touch my lips. Only Jason has such a big affect on me.

*****

What if the memories that I have of him are the only ones left? What if I'm not able to create more memories?

*****

I sit alone in Jason's room, staring at him. He's officially been in the hospital for the thirty six hours, and I've been by his side for twelve of those hours. After his surgery, they took him to the trauma unit and allowed for him to have visitation.

His doctor talks to me mainly about what's going on with him. I'm the one that tells his parents what's going on with my baby. Me being his wife, leaves me in charge of everything. Never did I think at eighteen, that I will be making life decisions for my husband's future. The only words I say to the doctors are, "Do what you can for him."

His parents and Kerri were with me in the room for a little bit of time, but I told them to go, and I will call them if anything happens. I haven't left the hospital, since he got rushed here . . . And I don't plan on leaving without him.

My baby is still in a coma and hook up to the machines. When I first laid eyes on him, I broke down in tears, screaming angrily at God for doing this to him. I just really can't understand.

I listen to the machine beep as I stare at his body. I feel so damn helpless as I watch him fight for his life. I can't do absolutely nothing, but sit here and pray. I really don't think God is listening to me anymore.

I get out my chair and walk slowly to his chair and stroke his hand, softly. They say people in a coma can hear your words. I don't really believe that. I watched as Jason's mother and father talked to him and weep, begging him to fight as hard as he possibly can. This by far is his toughest battle that he will ever have.