"Well, this isn't awkward at all."

I turn my attention to Ashlee the moment that the words leave her lips. This is awkward. I'm over here eye fucking my ex with my current right next to me. I have to get rid of her for a few minutes to walk over and talk with Kerri and Melissa, before Melissa tries to avoid me altogether. I already know that she will lose her mind, if she sees Ashlee here at this party.

I lean over to talk into Ashlee's ear over the loud music. "I want to say hi to her real quick. I mean, it could be my child and I don't want to be rude. You know?" I stand back up to look at her face. I really can't read her expression, but she nods her head.

"I'm about to get another drink and maybe a plate. Find me when you're done speaking with her."

Oh, I heard the attitude in her voice, before she walks off from me. I look after her, second guessing what I'm about to do. I look back at Kerri and Melissa . . . Fuck it, I don't mind getting shot down by Mel. She is the only girl that I don't mind getting shot down by.

I tilt my cap the side and pull my shirt off to show my chest. I want her to see my tattoo. I decide to sneak up behind her and dance with her. I know that if Ashlee sees me that she is going to lose her mind and probably snap on my ass, but I couldn't care less right now.

I put my index finger to my lips as I walk up behind Melissa to keep Kerri from saying anything. Kerri pretends like I'm not coming as she continues running her mouth.

"Girl, I still can't believe that this nigga wants me to have papers on that ass!"

I try to remain serious as I hear Kerri talk about my boy, Terrance. Hell, I can't believe it either, because he always told me that I was crazy for marrying Mel.

"The married club!" Kerri holds her drink in the air.

"I don't know, Ker. I'm not part of that club anymore. I'm getting divorced."

"Are you?" I have my lips against her ear. I slip my arm around her waist and pull her closer to me. I swear that I can feel her breathing a little bit harder.

"Jay baby! Hey, boo boo!" Kerri gives me a huge smile.

Melissa just stands in front of me without moving a single muscle. She closes her eyes for a second and bite her bottom lip.

"Well, you two enjoy the party. I'll check back in later."

Neither of us say anything. Kerri just waves and walks away. Now that I have her in my arms, I really don't know what to say to her. Part of me, just want to turn her around and kiss her luscious lips. The other part, just want to talk to her about what I'm feeling.

I move from side to side, closing my eyes. I'm just going to pretend that we didn't go through all that bad shit. I'm just going to hold her as long as she allows me to hold her. Mel puts her hand over my hand, relaxing completely in my arms. I just hold her tighter in my arms as we move from side to side. I really don't know what to say to her, because there are no amount of words to describe my feelings for her.

I take her hand into mine as we dance slowly with one another. We can move this slow with one another without saying a single word, and I'll be okay. I rest my head on her shoulder and open my eyes to look at the side of her face. Her eyes are closed, but I'm pretty sure that I detect a smile forming on her face. I close my eyes again and try to close any little that gap that we might have between us.

I know that we look silly dancing with one another this slowly, when the song playing is not a slow jam. I don't really care how we look together. I'm in my own little dream with my baby. As long as she allows me to hold her like this, I'm not letting go. Maybe she really did miss me as much that I have been missing her.

I can feel myself getting hard with Mel rubbing her ass all on me. Instead of pulling away from her, I keep my arms around her waist and move along with her. I can smell the sweet scent of the perfume that's she's wearing. With my face pressed against hers, I just hold her in my arms.

A throat clears loudly, causing me to open my eyes. Ashlee is standing on the side of me with her hand on her hip and eyebrow raised. Melissa opens her eyes to see who is interrupting us. Instead of trying to explain my actions, I keep a grip around my baby. I really would just have to explain my actions some other time.

"I'm Jason's girlfriend, Ashlee." She holds her hand out to Melissa.

Melissa steps out of my embrace and just looks at me with a familiar look of hurt in her eyes. She gives Ashlee a tight smile and gives her hand a light shake. "Melissa." My baby is always a classy girl. She's not one for a lot of drama. She turns back to me. "Thanks for the dance, Jas. I'll see you around."

She walks away without saying another word to me. I stare after her with nothing but regret in my heart for bringing Ashlee into my life.

"So . . . " Ashlee starts off. "You brought me to this party to embarrass me?"

I keep my eyes on Melissa as she mingles with a couple people. She turns around to look at me and turns back around quickly.

"Jason! I'm talking to you!" Ashlee shoves me in the chest, angrily.

I turn to her with rage in my eyes. "Don't put your fucking hands on me!"

She takes a couple steps away from in shock that I can take such a tone with her. I don't tolerate a female putting her hands on me. I'm not the type to hit a woman, so I'm damn sure not tolerating a woman thinking it's okay to put her hands on me. Mel is the only girl that can get away with taking her aggression out on me. I'm not tolerating the shit from someone else.

Tears quickly fills Ashlee eyes and she nods a little. "I should have stayed home."

"You should've." I don't even think about my answer. Truthfully, Ashlee doesn't deserve me acting this way towards her. At times, I can be so cold hearted, especially because I feel like she is fucking things up between Mel and I.

Ashlee mouth drops opened, and she closes it quickly. She walks away from me, heading towards the other end of the beach.

Great, now I have two females upset with me.