I cast my gaze downwards to the carpet on the floor. "Don't know." I mumble.

Cameron takes a deep sigh, making me look back up at him. "Two steps forward and ten million back." He begins making popping sounds with his mouth. "I thought we were past this. I thought we were on a new level."

"Just because I'm going to a party to support a friend's engagement, doesn't mean that we aren't good. We're great."

"If we're so great, when did you find out about this party? If we're so great, you wouldn't act stupid and pretend like you didn't know what I was asking you."

"I'm not stupid."

"But you play it well, right? Trust that I know that you're not at all a dummy."

A dummy? I bite my lip, deciding that I will just keep quiet. Cameron and I have progressed so much this past month. I look sadly at my stomach with a lump forming in my throat. Tears well up in my eyes, and I try to blink them away. These damn pregnant hormones have me being extra sensitive. I'm already a sensitive ass female, but my little baby can make me cry over anything.

"Damn." Cameron whispers, softly. He walks over to me and stand above me, towering over me. I gaze up at him and then quickly look down. Cameron grabs my hand, pulling me up against his body. He lifts my chin up, so that he can look into my tear filled eyes. "I'm sorry. Please don't cry."

"I don't know if he will be there. I'm not going to see him. I'm going to be with Kerri, our child's Godmother." I barely get the last part out, before I begin sobbing.

"Damn, ma." Cameron wraps his arms around my body, holding me tightly. "Please stop."

I don't hug him back as I try to get my sobs under control. I know the situation isn't that serious for me to be acting like a big ass cry baby.

"Go to the party and enjoy yourself. Let's both try to be home by eleven and go somewhere. Okay?"

I nod my head yes to his words with my face buried in his chest.

"I love you, Mel, and I have a surprise for you. I think we're ready for the next step."

I finally look up at him to look in his eyes. I know exactly what he means. Since finding the engagement ring, I haven't thought much about it.

Cameron wipes the tears from my cheeks, offering me a light smile. "Stop crying. You're too beautiful to be crying, baby. I love you."

"I love you more." I love you more. His words come back to me in a flash.

Cameron smiles and kisses my cheek. "I hate to leave you like this, but I really have to go. Try to be good tonight, okay?"

I nod my head.

Cameron continues to gaze into my eyes, before letting me out of his embrace. I can see in his eyes that he doesn't want to go, but he has to. I watch him grab a bag from underneath the bed, before walking out the bedroom. I flop down on the bed, wiping the remaining of the tears with the back of my hand. I stifle a yawn, realizing that I'm a little tired from the mini emotional episode that I just had.

I lay down on the bed on top of the covers, closing my eyes. This whole time I've been doing so well in trying to get over Jason. This whole time. Now that I know that he's going to be at tonight's party, I'm losing the little control that I had.

*****

I sit at my vanity, staring at the girl in the mirror. Every single time my life seems to be sorted out, God throws me a curve ball. Cameron. Jason. Cameron's ring. Jason's ring. Hell, I'm still legally bounded to Jason. This whole thing is enough to drive a completely sane girl crazy. I look off into the distance, debating rather or not I want to go to the beach party. Kerri will curse my ass out, if I don't show up.