THIRTY FIVE

It's been five weeks since the incident. I no longer need to use my crutches, my shoulders have almost fully recovered, and the severity of the migraines have decreased.

I missed prom.

Prom, the night which I've dreamt of since I was a child. I didn't even get the chance to buy my dress. I was sat at home with V on the night of prom, watching a movie which I had already seen a hundred times instead. I was happy that he stayed with me but I would have loved to attend prom.

My mum found out what happened which I suppose was inevitable. She and V tried to persuade me to press charges on Mike - who was admitted into a hospital for the injuries which V inflicted on him - but I refused. I don't want to create more drama and stress for myself, I don't know if I'd be able to cope with that.

Without a prosecution, he'll still be out there. I just hope he has the decency to not attend school and transfer somewhere else. 

I need to get over him, I need to. It's not healthy to be this wrapped up and consumed in destructive thoughts about him constantly. I need to free my mind of him. 

"Violet," V breaks me from my daze and I glance towards him. "Did you hear me?" 

"No, sorry." I shake my head.

We're currently inside my room, lying on my bed. I haven't really done much recently, I've just been allowing myself time to process what happened.

"I asked if you were okay." V mumbles quietly and takes my hand. 

"I will be." 

"Good." 

There's a knock on the door and my mum steps inside my room. "You have a visitor." 

I sit up slightly just as Yoongi steps inside, a soft smile on his face. My mum leaves and I greet him as he sits on the edge of my bed.

"I have a plan."

"What?" V asks, sounding as confused as I feel. 

"I have a plan," Yoongi states again. "About what to do with Mike." 

I flinch at the sound of his name but nod, nevertheless. I watch Yoongi and listen intently as he begins to explain his plan. 

"We need to set him up - I don't know how yet, but somehow. Then, V," he glances towards his friend. "We beat the shit out of him and hopefully he dies." 

"Oh..." I mumble. "That was extremely morbid." 

"I'm serious," Yoongi states. "What he did to you wasn't right, Violet. He deserves to be punished."

"Yeah, but he doesn't deserve to be killed. Think about how his family would feel."

"Yeah, well think about how you would have felt if V didn't find you in time." Yoongi quips and I look away, knowing that I can't argue. 

"I'm in." I snap my head towards V and stare at him with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry but I can't let you kill him," I laugh slightly at how they ridiculous they sound. "You can't be serious." 

"Just leave it to us, Violet. We'll think of something and he'll finally get what he deserves." Yoongi assures me. 

And the scary thing is, is that I know they're being completely serious about this.