TWENTY THREE

I wake up with a hazy vision and a distracting pain in my leg. I examine my surroundings with tired eyes before coming to the conclusion that I'm inside a hospital room. The reason why remains unknown, however, as my memory is clouded. I look to the side of my bed and see Mike sitting on the leather chair, asleep. I'm surprised he came to visit me.

Whereas I'm not surprised to see Eunki at the end of my bed, fast asleep, also. There's a spare chair next to Mike and Eunki decided to sit at the other side of the room instead. How kind of her.

Mike stirs slightly before sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "Violet, you're awake."

"What happened?" I ask tiredly.

"Um, you were shot, don't you remember?"

Suddenly, like a pile of bricks falling down upon me, I begin to remember everything. I remember J breaking into my house and me desperately calling V and asking him to help me. I remember V pushing Jay away from me and the gunshot. My mind instantly races to the sight of V lying unconscious on the floor and I sit up.

"Where is V?" I ask and Mike frowns.

"V?"

"Taehyung." I say frantically and his eyes widen slightly.

"Oh, Taeyhung," Mike mumbles and sheepishly looks around the room, "I um, I don't know."

I've known him too long to not know when he's lying to me. His eyes divert to the floor and I feel panic rise inside me.

"Mike, where is he?"

"He's in surgery," He mumbles and I feel my whole world crash around me. "He has a fractured skull and minor damage to the brain. The doctors say he should be fine."

"I need to see him." I say and attempt to climb out of my bed, somehow forgetting the fact I had been shot for a brief moment.

Pain chores through my leg and I'm forced to lie back down. The cry of pain which escapes me seems to wake Eunki who groggily opens her eyes and looks around the room.

"Eunki, I want to see V." Is all I say to her as I feel tears collect inside my eyes.

"Okay, okay, don't cry," she says and stands up, walking to my bedside and dismissing Mike as if he's invisible. "I'll take you to him as soon as he's out of surgery."

"Does my mum know I'm here?"

Eunki nods, "I think she's at your house getting you some clothes at the moment, she's been here since she found out this morning."

A nurse knocks onto the door before stepping inside. She smiles and introduces herself but I find it hard to focus on what she's saying; my mind is too occupied on V.

"He's out of surgery now," are the words which catch my attention and my head snaps up, "you can visit him in around half an hour."

The next half hour, thirty minutes, 1800 seconds, are the hardest moments of my life. Every few seconds I glance at the clock hanging on the wall opposite my bed, praying that time would somehow go quicker. Instead, it feels as if I'm waiting a lot longer.

Finally the clock strikes half past and I nervously wait for the nurse to return to my room.

"Violet, I think I'm going to go, I'll be back tomorrow." Mike tells me and stands up.

"Okay, okay, sure. Bye." Is all I can say to him.

After what feels like a century, the nurse returns. This time, she has a wheelchair in her hands that she's pushing.

"Ready?" She asks and I nod eagerly. "Okay, it's going to be hard to get you out of your bed at first, but just persevere."

She tries her hardest to help me but I manage to support myself using my arms. Within a few minutes I'm sat inside the wheelchair and the nurse begins to push me out of the room, Eunki following closely behind us.

"Is he alright?" I ask her and tilt my head backwards.

She nods, "I think so. He's not my patient so I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty certain the surgery went fine."

Eventually we reach a room which we stop outside of. The nurse knocks onto the door before stepping inside, pushing me in alongside her.

"You have a visitor." She smiles and I look up at V who's sitting on the bed which is slightly higher than the level of my wheelchair.

He has bruises literally everywhere on his delicate face and a large stitch mark circling his forehead. He looks down at me with a frown before he starts to smirk slightly.

"Violet, why are you here?" He asks and it's my turn to frown.

"What do you mean? I'm worried about you, of course."

"Why are you worried about me?" He chuckles, "we don't like each other."

"What are you talking about?" I quiz in an uneasy voice.

"I barely even know you. We only met, like, a week ago."

And that's what it takes for me to understand the situation. V only remembers us hating each other, the memories we share of us being together completely invisible inside his mind. He's forgotten me.

an; this is rubbish ik but i haven't updated in days