FOURTEEN

author's note; please just pretend it's still october for this chapter

"I didn't expect this many people to be here," I gulp as Eunki and I approach an unfamiliar, humungous house where the Halloween party is being hosted. 

She smiles reassuringly. "You'll be fine. This party is going to be awesome,"

I nod, desperately hoping that's she's not wrong. I've been anticipating this party for over a week now, I can't let its business disturb me. 

"Looking good, newbie," A random boy who I don't even recognise states as I walk passed. I cringe and carry on walking, subconsciously attempting to pull the dress of my outfit down a little further to cover more of my skin. 

"This is Jongdae," Eunki shouts over the music circulating around the house, pointing towards a grinning, rather handsome, young man dressed as a...vampire, maybe? "This is his party," 

"Ah," I nod, bowing politely. "It's nice to meet you."

Before Jongdae has the opportunity to respond, Eunki grabs my wrist and pulls me towards a different room. She heads immediately towards a small crowd distributing alcohol and I chuckle whilst shaking my head, typical Eunki. 

I look over the crowd and spot V standing with his six friends. I smile wider, my eyebrows raising when I notice his outfit, however. 

He's Luigi. I'm Mario

He spots me too and waves me over, to which I follow. Namjoon is dressed as an anime character, Jin is, I think, G Dragon, Jungkook is the grim reaper, J-Hope is a prisoner, Jimin is Charlie Chaplin and Yoongi is Chucky. 

"We're matching!" I laugh once I reach the boys and V giggles, yes, giggles.

"Aw, you two are so cute," Hoseok grins as V wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"I still find your whole relationship weird," Eunki chuckles but smiles, nevertheless. 

"Talking about relationships, there's Sehun," I tease and discreetly point to the opposite side of the room where he's sat, talking to a young faced werewolf. 

She immediately blushes. "Stop it, we're not even a couple,"

"Yet," Yoongi says, opening his mouth for the first time and Eunki glares at him.

"Shut it, Chucky,"

"Would you like to dance?" V asks lowly into my ear and I shake my head, rotating my head so I'm facing him.

"I can't dance," I pout and he grins cutely. 

"I can teach you,"

"Not today, maybe some other time," I promise and he nods understandingly. 

"V," Jimin speaks, tapping his friend on the shoulder. 

"What is it?" Taehyung asks and when I look at Jimin he looks panicked. 

"Look over there," 

I follow Jimin's eyesight and search the crowd until I stumble across a figure which I undoubtedly recognise. It's the man who was pestering V about money a few weeks ago, the man who found me hiding behind a bin eavesdropping on their conversation. I gulp and look at V as he clenches his sharp jaw as he glares at the tall man with piercing eyes. 

"We can't let him see us," Namjoon says seriously and Eunki's expression transformed into a confused look. 

"What's going on?" She asks but nobody answers her. 

"Let's go upstairs," Jin offers and the boys agree. 

"What? No, I'm not," Eunki stubbornly states in defiance, crossing her arms over her chest. 

Yoongi sighs. "Come on, we need to go." 

He pulls her wrist and they head upstairs as I travel behind the group. As I'm passing the frightening man, I keep my head down so he doesn't recognise me. But, unfortunately, my silver hair and dark skin doesn't go unnoticed. 

Almost immediately, V, Eunki and the boys are out of sight and my wrist is being gripped by the man's unusually cold hand. I turn to face him, my pupils shaking in fear as he smirks at me sickeningly. 

"I recognise you," he smiles creepily, moving towards me as I cower back against the wall, glancing around in attempt to find somebody willing to help me. "You're the eavesdropper, aren't you?" 

I stay silent and his smirk widens. 

Before he can question me further, I catch him off guard by outstretching my hands and pushing him backwards. I take the opportunity to push passed him and run towards the staircase. I look behind me and notice he's not far behind so I continue running. 

I see V standing at the top of the stairs preparing to walk down, presumably to locate my whereabouts, but he freezes when he sees me. He then notices the man behind me and I run quicker towards him. 

"Violet!" He shouts and I run into his arms which immediately wrap around me. 

He then gently pushes me behind him and stands in front of me protectively. The man reaches the top of the stairs and pants, out of breath, and stands before us with his smirk still prominent. 

"What do you want, J?" Taehyung asks, sounding stressed.

"You know what I want, Kim Taehyung, don't be stupid," 

I literally have no idea what he's talking about. 

"Violet," I hear a voice behind me and I turn to see Jin, standing by a doorway. 

"V, come on, let's just leave this," I say quietly and tug on his sleeve. 

He shakes his head and motions for me to go inside of the room. "No, you go, Violet, I'll sort this." 

I don't protest, knowing with confidence that he won't listen to me. Hesitantly, I turn and walk briskly into the room and Jin shuts the door behind me. Everyone besides V is inside here, the room which I presume is Jongdae's bedroom. 

"What's going on?" Eunki whines, resting her head in her hands as she sits on the end of the perfectly made bed. 

"There's too much to explain right now, but we'll tell you eventually." Namjoon promises.

A few minutes later, there's a knock at the door. We all look around at each other and I nod, standing up. 

"I'll get it," I announce, expecting V to be standing outside the doorframe. 

But it's not V. It's a face that I wished to never see again. 

Mike.