ELEVEN

The day of the bonfire finally arrives and I'm admittedly quite excited for it. After school, I head back to Eunki's house to change because she said she has the perfect outfit that I could wear.

"What do you think?" She asks, holding up a casual white dress with long sleeves and a black bomber jacket.

I nod in approval. "It's nice."

I take the clothes from her and change in the bathroom, examining myself in the mirror after. The dress fits me perfectly, which is surprising because Eunki is thinner than me. I brush through my hair with my fingers, the curls loosening in the process.

"Can I borrow some of your makeup, please?" I ask, opening the door.

"Of course. The bag is over there." She tells me, pointing to a desk in the corner of her room.

"Okay." I nod and take a seat on the stool in front of the desk.

I open up her makeup bag and pull out a foundation. It's a little light for me, my skin being a lot darker than hers, but I manage to blend it well and discreetly. I then add the rest of my makeup until I'm completely satisfied with my appearance.

Eunki's wearing a green skater dress and leather jacket with thick, brown boots. She always manages to look nice, even if she's wearing just jeans and a simple t shirt.

"Ready?" She asks and I nod.

"Definitely."

The bonfire is being held at a beach which is only a five minute walk from Eunki's house. When we reach the beach, the sound of loud music can be heard and teenagers from my school are scattered allover.

"Let's get a drink?" Eunki offers and I nod in agreement.

She leads me towards a small crowd where I see transparent plastic cartons filled with colourful drinks. There's a wire leading from the back of them, kind of like a hose pipe which I press and the drink shoots out into my cup.

"What is this?" I ask, eyeing the green liquid. "Apple juice?"

She laughs. "Of course not, silly. God, you're so innocent," she laughs and I look at her confused. "It's alcohol."

"Oh." I breathe, my mouth parting.

I smell the liquid before bringing it to my lips and titling it back, the alcohol quickly burning the back of my throat. It's stinging but I like it.

"So, you and V, eh?" Eunki teases, nudging me with her spare arm as we walk through the crowd.

I laugh and shake my head. "We're just friends."

I decide to leave out the details of him sleeping over at my house not only once, but twice. She'd never stop teasing me if I did.

"Oh look, there's Hoseok and Namjoon." She says and I look over to see the two standing on the beach, both dressed in identical leather jackets and black jeans.

For Bangtan, it's like they have a dress code everywhere they go. They always seem to be attired in either similar or the same outfits.

We walk over to them, smiling when we see them. Namjoon surprises me by moving forward and hugging us both, probably drunk already.

"Hey girls." He grins and my thoughts are confirmed.

The bonfire only started around half an hour ago, how is he even drunk already.

I chuckle. "Hey, guys?"

I look around, confused. Where's V?

"If you're wondering where V is," J-Hope says, interrupting me from my daze like he's reading my mind. "He just went to the bathroom. He'll be back."

"Where's the other four?" Eunki asks.

"Over there." Namjoon says, pointing towards a small, loud crowd taking shots and then playing limbo. It seems fun, not going to lie.

I hear a deep cough and when I turn back around, V is standing in front of me. For a few moments, I simply stare at him. He's wearing a black beanie and a navy, denim shirt with dark jeans and dark red boots. He looks amazing.

"Hey." I smile shyly.

"Hi, Violet." He grins back and for some reason, I find myself looking down at the sand below me shyly.

"We'll leave you two love birds alone." Eunki laughs and I glare at her as my cheeks burn.

The three of them walk away until they've disappeared into the crowds, leaving just V and I alone.

"Sorry about that." I chuckle and look up at him.

He laughs. "It's fine. Should we head over there?" He asks, pointing towards a live band playing at the other side of the beach.

I nod and begin to follow him through the crowds, almost losing him at various points. He turns around and grabs my hand, the feeling of his cold hand in mine feeling surprisingly relaxing. When we reach the crowd, we stand side by side and listen to the band playing. He hasn't released our hands yet but I don't mind, it just feels natural to me.

"Violet," V says deeply and I look up at him.

"Yeah?" I ask softly.

"I think I like you."