DAY 24:

Words For Luke: Day 1

Sorry I was a bitch. I really do love you and I'm sorry for shutting you out. There's just so much hurt Lukey.

All the love in existence,

Mikey

"Michael? My name's Dr. Nicholson," the woman walked into Michael's line of sight and his eyes focused on her. "I haven't been in your case for all too long, but I've been around long enough to see your best and worst. And I've dealt with Luke through all of it,"

Michael reacted to those words finally. "I don't want to talk about him," he was soft and quiet, as if hesitant about what he was saying.

"Why not, Michael?" Dr. Nicholson asked. "He loves you a lot you know. You do know that right?"

Michael nodded stiffly and fidgeted uncomfortably, clutching Robert tightly to his chest in replace of the blonde boy he was ignoring.

"Luke gave you that bear right?" Michael nodded again. "And you seem rather attached to it,"

"So?"

"So that means you love Luke too right?"

Michael sniffed as he fought back tears. "I don't love him. I'm in love with him," Michael corrected softly.

"Then why are you shutting him and everyone else out, Michael? They're just trying to help you. They want you to get better, don't you want to get better?"

"I want to get better," Michael quietly insisted. "But I can't. And I refuse to take Luke down with me,"

"Michael. You're hurting him more by not letting him help you. He wants to help you, Michael. He's been either screaming because he's trying to make us understand his pain or he's talking about how special and amazing you are and how much he loves you," Dr. Nicholson smiled faintly but it quickly disappeared. "Don't do this to him Michael. It's just hurting both of you,"

Michael eyed her carefully, but he knew she wasn't lying to him. Her words rang with truth and they haunted Michael. He knew they were true but he didn't want to accept it. He was so used to his self-destructive behaviour that he didn't quite know how to take proper care of himself.

"Tell him I want to see him," Michael finally said his voice quiet yet thick with multiple emotions. "But only him,"

Dr. Nicholson smiled and left the room to retrieve Luke.

"You said it yourself Luke. He's dealing with a lot of pain and anger and he doesn't know what to do," Ben said. "You told Jack and I he would be just like this,"

Jack nodded and the others stayed mute and Luke was mostly unresponsive except for glaring at his brothers.

"He needs your help Luke. Pull yourself together," Jack added.

"Not going to lie, you look like shit," Ashton commented.

"Actually, you look like shit that was eaten, regurgitated, hit by a car and then run over by a train," Calum corrected.

Tatiana laughed softly, "You just look terrible. But the ring still looks great! You have the other one on you right?"

"Back pocket," Luke muttered.

She grinned, "Perfect,"

Luke scoffed, "It would be if Michael actually wanted to see me,"

"Actually Luke, he does," Dr. Nicholson said as she approached them. "Just you though," she added when Ashton and Calum moved to get up as well.